Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Poudre River
I got a chance to fish the Poudre River Canyon for two days this last week. What a beautiful canyon and river! Thankfully it was the middle of the week, gov shutdown of campgrounds, and late in the fall, otherwise I am afraid that this looks like a very popular place!

I forgot my camera for the first day and of course the fishing was better then. The first day I fished up in the catch and release sections, and I think the average size was a bit better in those areas. Still the paths along the river are pretty heavily beaten in. This river must get some serious attention all summer long.

The second day I fished a little lower down and still had a great day. Mostly browns with some rainbows mixed in. I only took a few pictures of some of the fish.

I wish that I could have taken some pictures of the beautiful canyon as I drove up, but it is way too narrow and twisty to use a camera and drive at the same time.

First fish of the day gets to be immortalized for his sheer exuberance and enthusiasm.

[Image: Poudre1.JPG]

The river is fairly large and is much faster and larger than it looks as most of my pictures were from a couple of braids where the river was split. It was also very cold water! Sorry about the water spots on some of these pictures.

[Image: Poudre2.JPG]

[Image: Poudre3.JPG]

Rainbows

[Image: Poudre4.JPG]

[Image: Poudre8.JPG]

[Image: Poudre11.JPG]

[Image: Poudre9.JPG]

[Image: Poudre6.JPG]

And lovely browns:

[Image: Poudre5.JPG]

[Image: Poudre13.JPG]

Goodbye Cashe La Poudre until next year. Dryfly fishing at its finest. I'll be back!

[cool]
[signature]
Nice! Glad you had a great day up there.
[signature]
A little off your beaten path here.[cool]
[signature]