Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogden River on FIRE 10/14
Fished Ogden Canyon on Monday morning 0930 - 1430. Caught 8 browns all beautifully colored. Smallest being 14" largest at 17". 2 came on #16 flashback PT, 2 on #16 breadline BWO, 2 on #18 BWO RS2 (fished as a dry) and 2 on #18 parachute adams. All in all i had a great time. The BWO hatch started at 1300 and slowed down around the time I left. Can't wait to get back up there!
[signature]
What a great report. Good detail. Do you ever try Frog Fanny? I like to use it on RS2's. Makes them float sub surface.
[signature]
Thanks for the report, planning on heading up later this week or early next week. Do you think I should take my 2wt or 4wt. Ive never fished it before but have driven by and the trees seem to overhang quite a bit, my 2 wt is 6'6 and my 4 wt is 8'6
[signature]
FG - I have never even heard of frog fanny! I'm still pretty new to fly fishing and i'm working out the kinks. I was actually suprised i could keep the rs2 on the surface with floatant.

Steve - I do just fine w/ my 9 ft 5 wt but i wouldn't mind using a 7.5 - 8 ft 3-4 wt.
[signature]