Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BEWARE BEING IN THE LAKE MEAD NATIONAL REC AREA
Well yesterday I was pulled over by 2 rangers on my way back into town after checking on my Trailer at Callville Bay.

They said, I stayed over night and was "RECREATING" at my trailer. I explained I left late last night and returned this morning. They said no you stayed. So I was issued a citation with a mandatory court apperance.

This morning on Fox 5 news, there was a story about how the rangers are adding extra gates and trying to bust people for "RECREATING" at the lake.

Just beware if you have to come out here for something. They are out for blood since it looks like the shutdown might end today.

here is my lovely ticket. Funny thing is I have to wait 45 days to receive my court date in the mail.

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx299...ac295f.jpg
[signature]
so what happens when the closure ends? do they drop all the charges and citations issued? cause they say the government shut down should end tonight.
[signature]
I'd love to see some lawyers (pro bono of coarse) take these cases and turn 'em upside down. And go after the rangers giving out the tickets.
[signature]
the minute the president signs the bill, the gates go down and the park is open
[signature]
Ya that's not true. Nevada park service has to wait to hear from the national park service as to when to take the gates down and push courtesy docks back in the water. Until they get the word its still closed and tickets will still be issued so watch out...
[signature]
I'm thinking they locked it down all speedy like but going the other direction will be at their leisure...
[signature]
These Park rangers should be ashamed of themselves acting like this. The fact that they are acting so vindictive is just messed up. Ticketing people, pulling the docks out of the water... These people need to remember who pays their salary in the first place!!!

I hate it when people like this get a power complex and then take it out on the public. Nothing but a bunch of overpaid glorified security guards in my opinion!

It's to bad the government didn't stay shutdown, maybe the country would have realized how useless these people are and how the country went on just fine for the last couple of weeks without them.
[signature]
[quote wolfs4evr]I'm thinking they locked it down all speedy like but going the other direction will be at their leisure...[/quote]

it took them 3 days to lock it down so we will see
[signature]
[quote lvfishingdude][quote wolfs4evr]I'm thinking they locked it down all speedy like but going the other direction will be at their leisure...[/quote]

it took them 3 days to lock it down so we will see[/quote]

the lake re-opened last night according to the news...if I didn't have to work I'd be out there today... then again it's a great reason to call out!! LOL

J/K boss!! he frequents this site too as a guest and knows my username, but I'm sure he would understand! LOL![fishon]
[signature]
try to keep use up to date, im curious to whats going to happen
[signature]
They're under a lot of bureaucratic pressure to be hard-lined like they are--at the end of the day, they're just the faces we see who have to enforce laws from higher in command. None of the rangers are happy about the shutdown, but while it's happening they're all in the spotlight and they need to perform at their best to make sure their jobs are secured.
[signature]
[quote ihuntforfish]They're under a lot of bureaucratic pressure to be hard-lined like they are--at the end of the day, they're just the faces we see who have to enforce laws from higher in command. None of the rangers are happy about the shutdown, but while it's happening they're all in the spotlight and they need to perform at their best to make sure their jobs are secured.[/quote]

what they did was bs, they were bored and targeted me. was stupid
[signature]
[quote lvfishingdude][quote ihuntforfish]They're under a lot of bureaucratic pressure to be hard-lined like they are--at the end of the day, they're just the faces we see who have to enforce laws from higher in command. None of the rangers are happy about the shutdown, but while it's happening they're all in the spotlight and they need to perform at their best to make sure their jobs are secured.[/quote]

what they did was bs, they were bored and targeted me. was stupid[/quote]

100% AGREE!!!! These guys are just vindictive and it had nothing to do with "just following orders" Nobody in Washington is watching them when they write these tickets; they are choosing to do that themselves. They could look the other way,which would be the right thing to do in this case, and no one including their bosses would have a clue.

It's not like people are out their poaching. And in case they forgot,it's our tax dollars and out entry fees that allow them to have a job in the first place. They work for us not the government who seems to forget they also work for us.

And the fact that they are "following orders" is disgusting and shows how far some people in this country have sunk. Almost makes you wonder what other "orders" they would follow.
[signature]
You would think the wardens would be the happiest people at the lake.
The got an extra paid vacation....
[signature]
I'm with monsterfishgame on this one. The rangers knew when they wrote the ticket that it will be dismissed once the shutdown is over. They targeted Randy because they know he keeps every trophy striper he catches[:p] J/K
[signature]
[quote blysfishing]I'm with monsterfishgame on this one. The rangers knew when they wrote the ticket that it will be dismissed once the shutdown is over. They targeted Randy because they know he keeps every trophy striper he catches[:p] J/K[/quote]

lol... I didn't think of that.... I can't wait until December/January to catch my next monster and post it here and than show the pictures of the filets I take off it.

muahahahahaha.... Talked to my attorney and he said they probably will just drop the case since there is no evidence, but still won't know until after 45 days when my court date will be. Have to love the government!
[signature]