Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally a website for Nevada's Lakes Streams and Rivers.
[size 4]Hey guys I have a new website for you. [/size] [center][#333366][size 6][url "http://www.nighthawkcd.com"]www.nighthawkcd.com[/url][/size][/#333366][/center]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"]Over the past year I have been looking for information on Nevada’s areas to fish at. I found several sites that list information but mostly areas like Lake Mead, Lake Mohave, Lake Tahoe, Lake Topaz, and Walker Lake. What I found was a state divided into two parts, Northern Nevada and Southern Nevada. What I want to do is but all differences aside and list them all. Right now I have several pages from A-F almost done. There are still sites that are under construction because I can’t find any info about that area. If you can provide any please feel free to contact me at [/font][/size]

[size 3][font "Times New Roman"][url "mailto:nevada@nighthawkcd.com"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff][size 4]nevada@nighthawkcd.com[/size][/#0000ff][/font][/url][font "Times New Roman"][#000000][size 3] [/size][/#000000][/font][/font][/size]

[font "Times New Roman"]Welcome to Nevada's Waterways Fishing Website![/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 3]The lakes, reservoirs streams, and rivers integrated in this list range from small mountain lakes streams and rivers surrounded by snow capped peaks, to large reservoirs with beaches and boating facilities, to hot desert rivers where extreme summer temperatures reach 120 degrees. Some of the most popular large lakes are Lake Mead, Lake Mohave, Pyramid Lake, Walker Lake, Wild Horse Reservoir, Wilson Reservoir, and Lake Tahoe. Many of these lakes, rivers and streams offer adjacent campgrounds and are part of the Nevada Department of Wildlife NDOW and the National or State Parks Service. Most of the water in Nevada is used for irrigation for the local farmers. Some of the reservoirs are abundant with wildlife and are excellent areas for them to live and thrive. Nevada has many rivers that flow through the state like the Mighty Colorado River, Truckee River, Humboldt River, and the Virgin River.[/size][/#000080][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 3]Most of these lakes, rivers, streams and reservoirs offer tremendous opportunities for fishing, boating, camping, hiking, backpacking, and picnicking. Many of the larger reservoirs offer more water sports such as swimming and water skiing. Because of the high elevations, many mountain lakes and reservoirs are frozen in the winter months and very cool even in the summer. Nevada has many alpine lakes that can be found in the Northern Region of the state. The most famous is the Ruby Mountains nicknamed "Nevada’s Swiss Alps" near Wells and Elko, Nevada. These pristine clear cobalt blue glacier lakes like Liberty Lake and Favre Lake were formed years ago from glaciers that were once located in Nevada. [/size][/#000080][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 3]The climate in Nevada varies extremely from hot and dry summer days to cold winter nights. Nevada is known for the High Sierras Mountains that divide California and Nevada. Lightening is a severe threat, particularly on mountain peaks, lakes and open fields. Summertime temperatures routinely reach 90 to 115 degrees on the deserts and the 70- 0 degrees in the mountains. Cool weather is always possible at night throughout Nevada, particularly at higher elevations. It is not unusual to need both shorts and a jacket on the same day.[/size][/#000080][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 3]The winter routinely brings severe winter driving conditions with icy roads and limited visibility. Temperatures range from the 40s and 50s on the high deserts to well below zero in the mountains. Proper winter clothing and food is necessary to avoid hypothermia and one should be prepared to spend an unexpected night out if traveling in the backcountry or on the highways. [/size][/#000080][/font]

[font "Times New Roman"][#000080][size 3]This Website will provide information for every lake, reservoir, river, and stream that an angler can fish from. You will be able to see if there is a campsite nearby, what kinds of fish are there, what types of fishing tackle works best, and additional essential information about each site. Of coarse there are many more areas that Northern Nevada residents won't talk about so I hoping they might pass on this information so we can list it here. If you would like to pass on this information please email me at [/size][/#000080][/font][url "mailto:nevada@nighthawkcd.com"][font "Times New Roman"][#0000ff]nevada@nighthawkcd.com[/#0000ff][/font][/url][font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]

Daniel T. Lord
[signature]
[size 4]I have updated the site to include all Lakes Streams and Rivers from A-C [/size]

Adams McGill Reservoir

Angel Lake

Barley Creek

Barth Pit

Bassett Lake

Beaver Dam Wash

Big Creek

Big Springs Reservoir

Bilk Creek Reservoir

Blue Lakes

Boulder Reservoir

Bruneau River

Carlin Pond

Carson River

Carson River

East Fork

Catnip Reservoir

Cave Lake

Chiatovitch Creek

Chimney Dam Reservoir

Cleve Creek

Cold Creek Reservoir

Cold Springs Reservoir

Colorado River

Comins Lake

Crittenden Reservoir

Just to name a few so far!
[signature]
[cool]Very cool and informative site! I can use it to plan my future fishing trips.
[signature]
Thanks BigE. And when you do go on these trip please let me know and I can update photos and information you guys might get. If you have any photos you would like to submit I will post them on the site. I will even list your name if you would like.
[signature]