Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ohio weather did not stop me!!!
I tryed not to listen to the weather reports but it was hard! They said we would have 4-8" of white fluffy stuff by Saturday morning! Again They had to change the forcast to slusshy stuff in the lower half of the state. Yep it was cold and a bit wet but I managed a couple of hours at the local lake Ruppert today. The weather did hold the bite to a light nibble but I stayed on it close. In my 2 1/2 hours I did manage to C&R 3 small cats and a half a dozen gills. It looks like that cold weather is here to stay this time. It is only suposed to get into the low40' and high 30's this next week. This will help the water to cool significantly. So when we get the below freezeing to stick for a week or so it will be hard ice and auger time! I can't hardly wait I want to give my new ice pole the breakin it deserves.
[signature]
Well, as I look out my window, I think we may have some ice fisning pretty soon. It is snowing here and trmpertures are falling fast. I am willing to try it as soon as I can. I used to cast out into thin ice with lots of weight to catch a few nice cats for supper and they do bite when it gets that cold, the only problem is getting them out through the whole in the thin ice.
[signature]