Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
fishing Strawberry Reservoir Friday
This is where I was fishing. Screenshot view from my humminbird 998 C si fishing system.
Fishing was good could not count all the fish . most fish were
18 to 21 in long. got about 8 rainbows brought 3 home.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 3]Ditto. Two of us had a 35 + fish day up there yesterday. Caught 9 rainbows and kept the legal limit for the smokers. Great day with NO wind until 1:00 PM.[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
I was there too. Am I reading that right that you were in 60+ to 70+ feet catching?
I found mine in 40+. Maybe all the traffic up there is keeping them out.
[signature]
Considering the deepest water we fished yesterday was 45 feet, , the cutthroats have been pretty shallow in the area we fished, have caught all of the fish this past two months on intermediate ,and II sink, with the exception of yesterday went to a type IV in the afternoon to get a little deeper, not much change on catch rate.
[signature]
I have notice that when I fish B area. But it is shallow quite a ways from shore. Where we go it drops off fast. Pretty cool.
I forgot my Type VII yesterday so I used a IV but I did a count down. Did okay for the two and a half hours.
[signature]
How do you get screen shots like that? Does the sonar have a downloadable program or have a SD card you can download?
[signature]
Most of the water we fished in was 60feet. did catch some fish in 40 feet., but most of the big ones werein 60 feet. I think we got over 50 fish that were longer than 18inches, my wife got one Cutthroat that was as long as my arm she gotmad when I through it back. (Hope next person puts it back) . We hadthree polls out one on a downrigger down 18 feet one leaded line out3 colors and one line on top. Looking at the pitcher you can seethe downrigger ball at 18 feet. And fish at 30 feet. And boy didthese fish give a good fight. They are fun to catch on light polls.

I have Navionics hot maps and it hassome thing like Google earth in it I can zoom in our out, I can seethe hole lake if I want. It has a SD card to save all the screenshots. You can also turn on record, it is like watching a under watermovie on your PC.
[signature]
Thanks for the update.
[signature]