Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordanelle 10/25
Daylight was limited, so we fished for a few hours yesterday afternoon up by the inlet from the boat. We tried our luck anchoring and casting a few flies out, then trolled for a while with about 10 different colors and types of crank baits trying to figure out what was working, but couldn't figure it out. Decided to anchor again and throw out some garlic rainbow power bait and landed this nice fat 20" rainbow, but that was it for the day. I usually have better luck at Jordanelle, was quite disappointed, maybe I should have tried trolling with some pop gear & worms, or spinners, flatfish, or maybe drifting with flies? Maybe it just boils down to needing more fish to be planted there. Just one of those days I guess.
[signature]
Nice bow, too bad the catching was so slow but Jordanelle can be a tough lake to fish at times.
WH2
[signature]
How was the ramp. Can you still launch ok with the lake as low as it is ?
[signature]
Nice update. I haven't fished there in years. Used to be real nice fishing up there. Does any one know how shore fishing is there?
[signature]
The ramp was a loooooong walk, but you can still launch. I wouldn't expect more than 1-2 fish from the shore, but I bet you would catch something, I always do.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing. Lokks like your family he has had a great year fishing. I guess it may be time to break down and buy a boat.
[signature]
[quote Lunkers]Nice update. I haven't fished there in years. Used to be real nice fishing up there. Does any one know how shore fishing is there?[/quote]

Shore fishing is great at Jordanelle..The problem is access. Very little access points and then walking a long the shore can be difficult in most areas. If you go commando you can find some good shore spots that people rarely visit..
[signature]
The last time I fished "comando", I got mosquito bites all over my, uh, fishing sack.
[signature]