Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Callville Report 10/27/2013
My family and I decided to take the boat from Callville to Lake Mead Marina to go have lunch today. It was beautiful on the lake today, in the 90's and the lake was glass.

After lunch my wife and son wanted to fish a little so I went to a spot I have found near Callville Bay and started trolling. We weren't there 5 minutes and one of poles went off.

In less than a hour we caught 5 decent stripers and decided to call it a day. The spot I have found seems to have a mass population of shad in it. There were so many shad where I stopped the boat, they were making riples on top of the water.

I decided to try the throw net I have had for 5+ years and only thrown about 10 times. I admit now, anyone who knows how to throw one correctly I envy because I consider it a art form.

I threw the net 5 times and on my 5th throw the net finally opened up a little like it is supposed to and I was able to get one shad in the boat!...... You don't know how happy I was. If the shad stay in this spot I found, I am going to really learn how to throw this thing correctly and start fishing live shad.

All together it was a great day! The wind started up around 4:30. I guess the weather is going to turn on us the next few days.
[signature]