Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berkley Power Pogy
For the last several years I have used the Charteruse with a black back 4" power pogy to land early season stripers. I have used hunderds of various lures with a multitude of patterns. Some work better than others but I have to say that this particular pattern in the early season has out fished every other lure that I have thrown. Recently, after trying to order my pre-season supplies I was told that Berkley has discontinued to make the chartreuse with a black back. The replaced it with some other garbage. I called and got the "write a letter" line. So I did I wrote a letter and called every other guide that I knew to write a letter as well. Perhaps having enough people writing in requesting them to restart the manufacturing of this bait will show Berkley the real power behind the sports angling community. <br>I am asking for a bit of your time to e-mail Berkley at bljohnson@purefishing.com and ask them to please bring back the charteruse black back 4" inshore power pogy. If not for yourselves then for me a fellow angler. This of course would make my season. <br>Thank you all for any help regarding this issue. I am going up against a huge company and I could use all the backing I can get. <br><br><br>Tight Lines,<br>Capt. Rick Morris <br><br><br>
Thank you for the support. Glad to hear that I can rely on my fellow anglers.<br><br>Much thanks<br>Capt. Rick Morris<br>True North Guide Service<br><br>
Powered by anglers. You folks are great. I am proud to call myself a member of the world wide fishing community.<br><br>Thanks for the support<br>Capt. Rick<br><br>P.S. I will check with Milo in sales, thanks for the tip.<br><br><br>
I am truly greatful for all the support. I knew that the fishing community world wide was as close nit as my local community. Berkley will think twice when they tell an angler to write a letter. <br><br>Here's to you guys!!!!!<br><br>May you all have fair winds and following seas!<br><br>Capt. Rick Morris<br>True North Guide Service<br><br>
G'day Rick<br><br>I have also heard they are a great bait. Did they say why they had stopped making them or is it a simple case of sales not justifying the line?<br><br>Either way, what type of jig head and hook are you using? <br><br>Other striper anglers may interested in knowing, especially when the e-mail rebellion (from here) gets them back on the market. <br><br><br><br>Burnin Thumbs!<br><br>Steve<br>The Master Jig Builder<br><A HREF="http://www.demonjigs.com" target="_new">http://www.demonjigs.com</A><br>