Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield?
Although the Berry's been outstanding this past month, I'm thinking about a trip to Scofield before it freezes.
Can anyone give me a current report and reveal their secrets of success?
[signature]
I've "heard" from quite a few people that Scofield is HOT HOT HOT right now. Huge tiger trout are being landed & the fish are in really shallow. Last year about this time my husband and I did really well stripping leeches from out tubes.

We may hit Scofield this weekend also....so i'll post a report.

GOOD LUCK!
[signature]
I agree it is on fire right now or so the reports.
This time of year I did well on a burgundy mohair leech with a chartreuse bead. Try intermediate or Type II but a floating line with a 9' leader did okay too.
Good luck!
I can't tear myself away from Strawberry[Sad]
[signature]
Flygoddess.....i'm going to have to flip a coin between Scofield & the Berry. I just can't decide?! Maybe i'll have to commit to one Saturday & hit the other Sunday. Either way it's a win, but I just don't want to miss anything before Old Man Winter sprinkles his Sadness and freezes my watering holes!

Oh, the stresses of a trout addict.......[Wink]
[signature]
Amen, girl! I feel the same. When decks go hard I hit moving water, however, Sportsmans Warehouse is going to drag me onto the ice this year![shocked] Or so he thinks[Wink]
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Amen, girl! I feel the same. When decks go hard I hit moving water, however, Sportsmans Warehouse is going to drag me onto the ice this year![shocked] Or so he thinks[Wink][/quote]

You on the ice? [shocked] What has the world come to? [laugh]

I believe I may be joining you this year on the hard deck. Haven' been out on it lately. I think a good start will be scofield this year...
[signature]
I hate to say it, but......ice fishing is SO MUCH FUN! I'm a fly addict, until everything freezes & then I drill holes, & catch trout. You won't regret it!
[signature]
I'm with you on this one! One of the funnest forms of fishing in the world!
[signature]
why is it the funnest?[crazy]
[signature]
"One of the funnest." You'll see what alo the hoopla is a about when/if you go. [Smile]
[signature]
Standing on ice looking down a hole? Listening to snap, crackle, pop? I don't know, I am use to casting and stripping. Now DRY FLY is the funnest to me[Smile]
[signature]
Its more than just standing on ice and looking down a hole. Theres a certain amount of finesse you need to have also. Dry fly is fun...but I think noodling is funner!! Haven't tried it but hopefully soon!
[signature]
[quote flygoddess]Amen, girl! I feel the same. When decks go hard I hit moving water, however, Sportsmans Warehouse is going to drag me onto the ice this year![shocked] Or so he thinks[Wink][/quote]

Yes - he is (between Pete and me, we'll get'r done) Wink
[signature]
Ah! There's the fun part [laugh]
[signature]