Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry Help
I'm headed up to Strawberry in the morning with my pontoon boat. Anyone fished there in the last couple days? Where did you launch from and how deep were the fish? I saw an older post that mentioned a white and purple Showgirl were great choices, any others? Thanks for your help.
Whatyausin...
[signature]
I haven't been up recently, but almost always do well this time of year fishing shallow with white streamers (zonkers, buggers, showgirls). I will typically throw an intermediate or type II line. If you're not getting hit shallow, though, don't be afraid to put on a fast sinking line and head deeper. Bryant's Fork and Chicken Creek are the places I've fished the most. Good luck!
[signature]
Thanks for your reply. Will post results tomorrow.
[signature]
this may be a day late, but here goes. Went up a week ago, and fished the Renegade area. The fish were schooled up pretty tight around the points. Find the fish, you'll catch them. the fish finder worked perfect for this. most fish I graphed were between 15-20' deep in 25-50 FOW. GPS said I was traveling between .6 and 1.25 mph. 1mph was about right.

Rainbows seemed to like black, while the cuts seemed to prefer white for some reason. buggers, zonkers, bunnies, etc... all worked equally well.

Wondering if anyone has tried the Ladders or the chicken creeks' lately? all the attention has been on Renegade it seems.
[signature]
Wind and whitecaps was all I caught today. I started in Chicken Creek East and fished there for two hours but most of the time was spent fighting the wind pushing my pontoon around rather than fishing. Guys in tubes didn't fare much better, they gave up as well. I found a cove over by the Marina that looked promising but as soon as I got out a bit, the wind took over. Still a great day to be out on the water.
[signature]
Oh well, if nothing else it beats the crap out of work.
[signature]