Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CA Father and Son Tubing Results
[cool][size 1] Hey anglers, I just wanted to let you know the results of the Trout and Float Tube Derby at Hansen Lake on Dec 6th.

They planted @1200 lbs of fish for the Derby. 500lbs of that were 2lbs or over. 20 of those fish were 5lbs+.

There were a total of 60 Tubers out there including TubeNtoo and myself. The Derby only ran from 7:00 am to 11:00 am but that didn't stop TubeNtoo from getting a limit by 10:00. Unfortunately, it did stop me.

I was having more fun with my RPG launcher and watching the other tubers. I was also trying to adjust my Satellite dish for better reception while the fishing was slow. (I'm trying to think of another excuse for not catching my limit).

Anyway, TubeNtoo took 4th place in the event for the 12-15 yr old age group. 1st place went to a 12yr old girl with a 1 1/2lb trout. 1st place in the 16 and over group went to a man who caught a 5.2lb.

We left that Derby to go and whack some Tilapia at another park. Score.......fisherman 2------Tilapia 61. All 61 released back into the water. That's all the takers that we had before we ran out of bait. [/size]
[signature]
[cool][size 2]At least one member of the family contributed to the honor and prestige of the tubing tradition.[/size]

[size 2]Where's the pictures?[/size]
[signature]
[cool]The pics are on the way. My DSL is down at work and the software won't load properly on my home computer. I'll have them in a day or two. I also took pics of my new FishCat 4. Sweet tube!!!!!!

I didn't hook it up with the MOAT rig yet but that is almost ready. I'm having trouble finding the plutonium for the power supply. I figured that a nanogram would do. It will only have a half life of 468,000 years at which point I will need to purchase some more.[pirate]
[signature]
[cool][size 2]So, ya got the fish kitty, huh? Will be interested in getting a review on it when you have had a couple of good shakedown cruises in it. You should be able to rig up the racks and such easy enough with the modular system we put together.[/size]

[size 2]Good luck on the Plutonium. Homeland Security has been keeping the lid on pretty tight. You may have to settle for a "grammy gram" of cookie dough. Doesn't last as long, but tastes better.[/size]
[signature]
Yeah that kitty is really nice. After I get another trip or two I will give a full review. You are right as well. There is plenty of room for the rack. I have the basic hull done and a couple of the outrigger accessories done. TubeNtoo is having fun with the construction of it too. Every time he sees a new component being built, it gives him quite a laugh when I describe to him what a real and working version of it could actually do.
[signature]
[cool][size 2]Check the attached pic. Looks like someone is trying to beat us to the fully rigged pinnacle.[/size]
[signature]
Theirs is to find fish. Ours is set up for PWC's. The depth charge will find the fish for us.
[signature]
hey man ya gotta watch out for then 12 year old gals, they seem to out fish every one on a regular baises. [Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=2073;]

forth place aint nothin to sneaze at, I'd take that honor my self any day of the week... give the man a pat on the back.... he deserves it.
[signature]
I am plenty proud of him. Since he is still relatively new to tubing. He is becoming a very good angler as well. If you could just see the Smile on my face when he now starts to give advice to other people wherever we go fishing.

His usual line is "My Dad says........and he learned from the best." or "My Grandpa told me..........and he is the best."

He usually tells that to people that he perceives to have little or no experience as all. Young and old.
[signature]