Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tazasorus Contest Fish!
Tazasorus please enter your fish in this thread.

Good luck!
[signature]
Got up to Henry's today. Beautiful day, iced about 30 fish. Had one finned pig that I got his head out of hole before he broke my line, was five to six pounds. These two fish were both caught on paddle bugs, pink and white. At least this will get me on the board. Unfortunately I threw back two brookies that were 17.5 thinking that was the size of the one I had taken a picture of... maybe next time I can improve on.
[signature]
Way to go! Bummer about the big one!
Looks like 21 on the cut and 15.5 for the brookie.
[signature]
Here are a couple of entries for German Browns. Pretty close to the same size. I caught these at Gem Lake and both were caught off a watermelon slush bug. Also brought I would estimate a 30 lb. carp to base of ice that I could not get through my eight inch hole. Approx. three feet long, eighteen inches thick, eight inches across back. I got my finger in his gill and could not pull through head first so I tailed him and could not get through that way either. What fun though, he finally broke my eight lb. test. I think that would have been an unbeatable non game fish. Maybe next time.
[signature]
Dang! I wish you could have pulled that carp through! I've always wanted to get a carp through the ice. Not sure it's possible (at least legally) to pull a really big one like that out though with the max legal hole size of 10 inches... Sounds like a blast trying though!

Good looking browns too! Beautiful colors on that dark one.
Looks like 18 inches to me, almost 18.5.

I'll put up a new scorecard in the next day or two.
[signature]
Dude. That sounds like an awesome time!
[signature]
Too bad on the carp. I watched two guys on Bearlake that couldn't get a laketrout through an 8" hole once.
[signature]
Been there, except mine was only a 7 inch hole. I have 10 inch holes now.[cool]
I beat my German Brown entry today. What do you think of this whopper? 24 inch, 5.5 oz. Caught on a blue slush bug, Gem Lake.
[signature]
Beauty!
[signature]
Sorry for the delay! I read your post the other day, then forgot that I didn't reply... [blush]

Anyway, that's a TOAD! I'll trade you a brown like that for some of my medium size perch [:p]!

I don't think I can quite see the full 24 inches in the pic, but I'll do 23.5 for sure. It looks like the tail isn't quite to the end of the tape, but the nose is right on the 24 inch mark. I don't mean to split hairs on you, just trying to be accurate and fair to everybody. I believe you that it was 24, but that's what I can see in the pic. Beauty fish either way!
[signature]
I'll take it, need to get a easier reading tape and longer fish.[Image: happy.gif] Be happy to trade you that brown for those tasty yellow and green beauties!
[signature]
Improved on my brook trout and my cutthroat at Henry's today. And I thought there was only going to be a lump of coal in my stocking this year ! I didn't condense these pictures, I apologize. O and they were both caught on a white paddlebug.
[signature]
Great looking fish!
[signature]
I don't mind the big file size on the pics. They did take a bit to load, but they're easier to read that way since I can zoom way in.

I can see 22 on the cut so you'll add an inch there, and 17 for the brookie, so that's an extra 1.5 inches. Not a bad upgrade, and definitely looks like fun!
[signature]
I have a small suck face to measure for my non game fish. I caught it off a watermelon slush bug at Gem Lake.
[signature]
Right on! He'll go 13.
Keep up the good work
[signature]
Caught a beauty at Chesterfield today. I caught him off a teal slush bug. I am fighting for every inch so I took a picture of him flopping on ice but had difficulty on lumpy snow getting what I thought was a accurate measurement. I also took picture at truck on flat surface with tape measure under. Here are a couple of photos. Please do your thang Mr. Moderator, Thanks.
[signature]
This is an interesting one. From the first picture it doesn't look that long, but I think it's flopping. I can't use the second pic because I can only see one end of the tape. In the third pic however, I can just see the corner of the end of tape sticking out in the fish's open mouth. There seems to be well over a half inch between the tip of the tape and the tip of the jaw. Now on the other end, the tail is right on the 22 inch mark but with the over-hang from the jaw, I'll give you 22.5.

That's probably way more info than anybody wants or needs, but there it is just in case anybody's wondering how my train of thought went in scoring that one.

Oh, and beautiful fish by the way! [Smile]
[signature]
Caught a couple small entries at Montepelier Reservoir this weekend. Perch on watermelon slush bug and kok on pink slush fry.
[signature]