Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middle Provo, Strawberry, And Sandy pond.
Somebody lost there fly rod around Middle Provo or Deer Creek area so I took a picture and decide why not post it on here. Contact him if you came across a fly rod and do the right thing. [Wink]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 042.JPG"]
Went to Thursday Middle Provo early morning and fished from 7-12 pm. Just a few dinkers were hitting and a few nice hits on woolly bugger and egg patterns but no love. Was nice to have no big crowds. Just 2 people I saw that's all and basically said hi then hit our own separate ways. Fished all of my big holes that always produce fish in the spring and early summer but no love.

Drive by pictures of DC clouds and ugly smog in alpine.
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 031.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 035.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 036.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 037.JPG"]
By 12 pm I decided why not check out Strawberry as well with the high 27-29 mpg on my Taurus was getting [angelic]. Got up there and dang there was a bigger crowd there but nothing dramatic. Just about 4 -7 cars. End up catching one 16" bow on egg pattern and many small dinker nibbling but were to small or just really smart. Talked to people from shore and float tubers. They all said fishing was really slow but caught just a few fish through the whole day. At least the weather was decent with low wind to no wind can't complain.

The one and only bow from strawberry.
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 047.JPG"]

Today I decided why not go fishing at Sandy pond before work for some more of the big and ugly brood stock bows. Caught 9 fish in the 2 hrs. All of them were between 14-16" that put a nice fight still even when they can only wobble around with there fins all chomped off. Caught them on a #12 leech pattern use green marabou, green chenille, wrapped with silver back flash on the body and really thin wire. I call it the crystal bud leech [laugh].
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 049.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 051.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 053.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 054.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 054.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 055.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 062.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 063.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 065.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 067.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 068.JPG"]
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 071.JPG"]
People need too stop feeding these poor ducks. There getting so fat that they might not be able too ever fly again[laugh].
[inline "middle provo, strawberry, sandy pond, ect 11 16 13 059.JPG"]
A slow fishing day beats a day at work for me [laugh]
[signature]
Sounds like a good day and thanks for posting the lost rod report. I hope he gets his rod back.
[signature]
Ya with the decent weather I can't complain. Just have to get some good winter fly fishing gloves.
Same here. Losing a fly rod not fun [:/]. If that ever happened to me id be pretty mad.
[signature]