Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Electric Ice Auger Reviews
Just curious if any of you have had a gas auger and have switched over to an electric auger? pros and cons would be appreciated. I have looked into a few but haven't made up my mind and where can I find some dealers selling electric agers around the slc valley?
[signature]
The new nils auger can use an power drill 20 watts +. I have drilled with one last years hand auger and dang those are one of the best hand drills I ever used and buying my self a pair. It might cost like 180 but worth every penny.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Nils-USA-...l+Products

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Nils-USA-...l+Products

As well right now cabelas got a promo code for $99 + item cost free shipping.
Code is: 3GIFTS
[signature]
had a jiffy burned up the motor in 2 years and could only get 6 to 8 hole out of it
[signature]
I have had a 6" strikemaster electric for 4 years now. I will never go back to a gas powered auger. There are a few minor differences between the gas and electric, the gas powered drills the hole alot faster. The electric is quieter and lighter. With the electric you push a button and start drilling, no pulling or priming to get it to run. Your gloves and hands no longer smell like gas all day. There is one big setback with the electric there is a limit to how many holes you can drill. Do you move a lot or do you stay in one spot all the time. I bought mine online but I believe you can see them at Cabela's or Scheels and maybe even sportsmans.
[signature]
I bought a ION electric auger last year and I think it was the best thing I bought for ice fishing. I've drilled over 20 holes through 18' of ice and it had no problems at all.
It's quiet you don't have to start it don't have to buy gas> just charge it when younget home and it's ready to go the next time you go out and it doesn't weigh much more than a hand auger
[signature]
I bought the nils hand auger 8'' that will adapt to the drill. Look up videos on youtube and you will do the same as me BUY ONE. I was all set on buying a gas auger until the videos on youtube. Hope this helps.
[signature]