Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nu Way Stove
http://www.nuwaystove.com/model2000.php

I got a little Nuway 2000 propane stove this fall. It is made for blinds and tents etc. You do have to put in a stove pipe to the outside, but that is what I like about it. The fumes exhaust to the outside, so you don't get CO2, CO, or extra water vapor.

I have been using it in a small camper. I have camped with the temp down into the teens with it.

It is a great little stove...very light weight and adjustable. You can adjust the flame from very small to roaring. Roaring will use some gas!! I have even used it on two occasions with the one pound propane bottles. You have to get an adapter for the 1 lbs to work, but it does work. My little bottle iced up after a bit, but it had enough fuel to warm the camper up at night and in the morning. Usually I use a larger propane tank and run the stove on low all night.

I don't know if anyone is interest, but I though I would mention it in case someone is thinking about a tent or shanty stove.
[signature]
Heater with a stove top? You bet! that is great. Can you elaborate on how long you can run "comfortably" say on a 3 gal tank.
[signature]
Looks like a great stove . I use a little Buddy , it don't bother me , but the fumes do my wife .
[signature]
It depends on a lot of factors.....temperature outside, insulation, size of area, your comfort zone etc. Mainly it comes down to how high you are running the stove. This stove goes up to 12,000 btus. I don't run it anywhere near that.

Since I don't run the stove very hot, I can keep things hot on it, but it would be hard to boil anything unless I ran it at full blast.

Some propane conversions:

1 gallon of Propane ~= 4.23 lbs ~= 91500 Btus 1 lbs of Propane ~=22000 Btus. 20 lb tank of propane holds approx 4 gallons of propane (approx 366000 BTUs)

If I was running the stove at approximately half, (6,000 btus), it would use about 1 lb in 3 to 4 hours. I was running it most of the time at probably 3,000 or 4,000 btus so 1 lb would last about 6 or 7 hrs. Which was about what I got when I had a 1 lb tank hooked up. Then I just used it to warm things up at night and more in the morning.

A 20 lb tank of propane would run the stove at 4,000 btus for about 91.5 hours. Run at 6,000 btus it would be about 61 hours. etc

This last time I was out camping it was for 3 nights of pretty cold weather (Nov). I started the stove at about 5 pm and ran it until about 10 am the next morning. (The temperature drops just about as soon as the sun goes down.) That is about 17 hrs. per night for 3 nights, so around 51 hrs at various btu levels.

I used about 3/4ths of my 20lb tank. (Which wasn't completely full to start with.)

Edit-- my mistake I used that same propane tank for two other nights that I had forgotten about. About 85 hours of burn time. So I am guessing that it will run about 6 to 8 nights on a tank.
[signature]
The fumes are why I ended up going this route. I can't use the catalytic or Buddy heaters, I needed something that vents outside.

I currently camp with a converted cargo trailer. It's rugged and small enough to get me where I need to be in the high country. Since I don't camp at any campgrounds I couldn't use electric, and an rv heater's fan eats the battery power quickly. This stove doesn't use electricity, although I sometimes use a fan to move the heat around. I can run it as long as I have propane.

TarponJim installed an even better boat heater in his. A Dickinson 9000. http://dickinsonmarine.com/propane.php Pretty buggers and very nice.
[signature]