Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
18' pontoon "Bass Buggy"
I dont know if any of you have this boat or not. But im looking at purchasing one, the 2014 model. are they a pretty good boat to fish from, I mostly troll and throw some worms etc. looks like it is pretty roomy for the kids and wife. I just don't want to spend $20.000 on pontoon that's not great to fish from I have never been on one.. Thanks..
[signature]
If you have never fished from a pontoon boat I would strongly encourage you to fish from one or two before investing money in one. For many years I wanted a pontoon boat for fishing. Not sure why I didn't buy one. Then after fishing from a couple of them I have decided that I would rather not own one. They have a tendency to splash water on the boat passengers when they are moving fast through the water, which I don't enjoy. It is further to the water on a pontoon boat, which means one must use a long-handled net to land fish and forget being able to rinse off one's hand by just extending your hand down into the water. The big plus is ther is plenty of room to move around. Personal preference, but I prefer to not fish from a pontoon boat.
[signature]
See that's something I would have never thought of.. Thanks..
[signature]
For us, it was the Transporting. Light AND wind resistant. Good points.
We ended up buying Rinker, but these days maybe Tracker.
[signature]
Another thing to keep in mind that because a pontoon boat has such a high profile they get blown around a lot more easily that a non-pontoon boat does.
[signature]
You may want to consider a deck boat as well. Similar top side with a boat hull. I'm looking for one myself.
[signature]
Can you give us a link to what one looks like?
[signature]
I hope this works. Look at fun deck series.

http://www.hurricaneboats.com/series-gallery/fundeck
[signature]
Oh I see, it has a Bi hul or Tri hull design, instead of pontoons, nice. Thanks for the link.
[signature]
There has been a couple on KSL. They are nice, you shouldn't get the stiff ride a pontoon boat gives you. No chance of submersing a pontoon into a wave either. I really want one. Only thing stopping me is money.
[signature]