Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brown Friday
My buddy Mike and I hit Jordanelle this morning for what will probably be the last trip of the year on my boat. We were there at the crack of dawn, but the fishing was really tough until late morning. We casted for awhile with nothing to show for it, then trolled. We finally caught some dink rainbows on small cranks, but kept at it. Persistence paid off when a 20" brown nailed my diving Rapala (pic 1). We trolled some more, but never did get another troll fish. The wind started to come up out of the south, so we decided to cast around a promising area that we had seen while trolling. I finally figured out what they wanted, and in the next 40 minutes I caught three more browns that went 18", 17" and 21" (pic 2). We didn't weigh it, but the 21" was pushing 4 pounds, and I knew it was a better fish when it hit. All fish were released to fight another day [Wink] Water temp was 43 degrees, and lightly stained. It was definitely a midday bite. All in all, not a bad way to close out the season! Fred K.
[signature]
Nice looking brown. Good on ya for letting 'em go.
[signature]