Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone been out lately?
Anyone been fishing lately? Seems like the boards are dead. Thinking of making a trip out sometime next week wanted to know if its decent at all.
[signature]
[cool]I was out on Tuesday paddling around boulder harbor. I got my first kayak and was getting familiar with it. I cast at various spots in and around the harbor for nada. I will try the wash early next week.
[signature]
We went out Thanksgiving day. Over on main lake points by the dam, Sentinel Island and Castle Cove.

Got a couple light taps in maybe 30 ft but no fish in the boat. Areas which had been producing the prior week did not produce that day. Mostly smallmouth and smaller...

Figure with temps dropping and winds, it will be find the fish all over again
[signature]
Bout time BigE! You're going to love how much more range you have on a kayak. Plus, your butt should stay dry, for the most part.

I miss kayak fishing a little... Maybe i'll dust off the old paddles and come out with ya sometime!
[signature]
[cool]Yeah I know. Sealfish has been hounding me for a long time and helped me achieve my goal of owning one. I still got to get the basics down but love the challenge.
I will be getting more practice in before Sealfish heads out here for superbowl with his yak. Hoping for a sleigh ride from a willow striper.
That would be cool to fish with you in the yaks. Springtime bassin' would be fun.
[signature]
i must admit the yak fishing is fun, once the weather warms up a bit ill prob head out. been trying to get some rifles finished up before the end of the year for coyotes so my time has been thin.

Never done much casting from a yak, but next time you head out on the yak if you dont mind some company shoot me a PM. im always down and my brother isusualy down. just gotta charge my battery for the fish finder (and learn how to clear the GPS it looks like i let my 3 YO scribble on it) and im good to go.
[signature]
I want to go and put the chase down on some coyotes [Smile]
[signature]
HAHA I just got an ecaller and am putting getting a new 204 ar built to handle my furry friends. Im still scouting for some spots but hopefully in the near future ill have some honey holes within an hour or two from here. My first time calling in LV the other week i called one in. But he got a pass (AKA i missed lol). Once i got some spots maybe we can trade boat time for yote time haha
[signature]
Done

Under 200 yards me.

Beyond 200 yards you [Wink]
[signature]
Actually I am probably fine out to 300 yards. Beyond a guessing game with my current optics.
[signature]
how do you miss a coyote? I ran one over this morning taking my kid to school..lol.. i live at Callville Bay
[signature]
Went out yesterday the 14th. First time in 5 weeks or so. Launched out of Boulder for the first time in nearly a year... Madi and I caught enough for dinner so what really mattered. Not much more than that (a few scraps left over). Plenty of fish there but a matter of catching the Threadfin. Been a looooong time since I threw a net. Out of practice and finding those little buggers kicked my tail. Didn't help that there was a little bit of a breeze and the water was murky finding them. I imagine if I went every weekend, etc that I would have an idea'r where to find them and be in better practice. Darn Stripers are picky suckers. I didn't have enough bait to keep putting on fresh swimming ones so stuck with "old" expired threadfin and just sat there watching Stripers swim up to my bait and swim away. Picky, picky, picky...

Of course at the ramp had a yote come right up and stare at me... Always when I don't have my guns with me and typical... On protected no shooting land. Smart buggers.
[signature]
[cool]I need to get more practice in to manage myself and equipment. As far as predator control, I like that a lot. I always see some while out for quail. I need to carry a rifle along next time.
[signature]
Launched Friday 13th about mid day and fished by Hemenway on the point wall, over by Painters Cove (isolated hump and a cove) and the rock wall east of where the dredging barges is tied up. Water temp 59 to 58°

No bites all afternoon.
[signature]
[quote lvfishingdude]how do you miss a coyote? I ran one over this morning taking my kid to school..lol.. i live at Callville Bay[/quote]

Shooting a 338lapua offhand at 200 yards thats how lol. Dang rifle is heavy. I made up for it Sat by taking a bobcat. Cant wait to get my 204 built, the 300 blackout is not fur friendly lol.

By the sound of it ill stick fo hunting for a few more weeks until the fishing picks up, then catch some food and bait!
[signature]
Ah, got the different forum user names now... Duh. Should of figured that out before/associated the user names. I rarely post on the shooters forum. Just read. Pretty cat. My sis in Montana would freak. She has 2 of them in her yard. Pets. She has had them coming up on 15+ years now or so. Will have to do some digging later this week. I have pics of them somewhere. One on each of my shoulders. They like to be high up and when one goes into the cage it is only a matter of time before they jump on you for the height advantage.

Nothing like missing a shot when one is shooting 3-4 bucks a piece rounds... .338 isn't a cheap shooter that is for sure.
[signature]
I've been making trips out to Willow lately. We had a good week out there, landed a handful of 7 to 12 pound fish, then it died off. The hordes of trout that were hanging out by the launch ramp seem to have moved out. We will see what the next month brings.
[signature]
[inline 12-14-13.jpg]

Hate to hijack a hunting report with a fishing report but....
So those little 2.40 fish are mine the bigger 4+ pounders is what won our last tournament. That is a 120qt cooler 2ft x 4ft

The shad are back in the vegas wash....pay attention here!
LEFT SIDE by the thick brush and trees. The Gizzards are right up in the sticks and the threadfin are back out in a little more in about 5-6ft.

12-12-13 Bite was great nice size fish. (intake tower)
12-14-13 Bite slowed down and the Stripers got pickie.
Fish were over by 33 hole, government wash and by Sand Island. 33 hole depth was about 50ft fish are just 2-3 cranks off the bottom (carolina rig).
[signature]
[inline 12-13-13.jpg]

12-13-14 Saturday Night. The suspended fish had lock jaw, may have been big gizzard shad as we saw small fish jumping around. The fish just off the bottom were eating shad but were acting odd. Light line and fast action rods were the ones that got bites.
[signature]
Intake tower... Is that the area just around the corner slightly north from the Boulder launch ramp? I need to get me a map with names on it... Silly memory.
[signature]