Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ul hard deck
Took my three year old son out today. 3 inches of ice. Super cold. I bundled him up so much he couldn't walk and the poor kid still only lasted an hour. We caught 15 or so whities some crappie and perch. Much slower than previous years at first ice. Probably due to the fact that the whole lake capped. Not bad to have three hard deck species by the first week in December. My little man sure had fun. I'm having these silly daydreams about safe ice at lost dog by next weekend. I hope it stays cold.
[signature]
Nice! Were you fishing from the docks, or did you actually walk out onto the ice? Also, what were you using if you don't mind me asking?
[signature]
I walked on it and I'm 300. I did keep a hand on the docks. It was cracking a little. I used 1/16 pink glow orca divers. Cabelas sells them. There not as good as sonar jigs for white bass but crappie love em and the white bass eat em as well.
[signature]
Report on Wy. board says gorge capped all the way to buckboard and 8" at firehole.
[signature]
Only six whities today for the pro here hahaha. I only stayed an hour. It stinks and it is because the main lake is white and capped as far as the eye can see. Shoulda had 60 in that hour lol. Looks like a bad year with that firm cap. Also looks to be over already as soon as it started. For the guys who are happy with a dozen white bass, it might be hot fishing, but I need a fish on almost every drop to keep interested. Not much of my face was exposed to the wind, just a bit of cheek and it froze lol. Brutal cold. The light south wind made it awful windchill. I've waded into UL at 10 degrees F with fingers stuck to bail on every cast and it felt warmer then LOL.
[signature]
Thanks for the update
[signature]