Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scofield 12/6/13
Fished Scofield today across from the island on the highway side. It was -25 degrees when we got there. Auger was frozen and took some coaxing as well as the heaters. Good 3-4" of solid clear ice with a light 2" of snow. Caught fish on almost everything but best was a Gitzit ice fly. Caught roughly 40 fish and maybe 5 or 6 were 18" or bigger. Biggest was maybe 21" girthy and maybe 3.5-4lbs. When we packed up to leave it was 7 degrees. Lots of guys in the dam area but only 1 other group out on the main lake that we could see. Looks like the chub plan is panning out.
[signature]
Nice report! Thanks for posting and glad you survived the -25 that's burrrrrrrrrr cold. Can't wait until I get to get out and experience some of it. Any tigers caught?
[signature]
Every one of them was a cutt. We were also in 9' of water.
[signature]
Just out of curiosity, how much snow is on the ground up there?
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
Did you see any Elk on your way up ? Have a late cow tag that needs to be filled.

[fishon][fishon]
[signature]
Maybe 2" of powder. No elk but did see some deer
[signature]
I was up there last Saturday and there was a pretty good size herd straight up on the hill from the dam. Probably around 100 head of elk but they were all the way near the top.
[signature]
I was one of the guys fishing on the edge of the dam arm on the side of the marina. We fished in 16 FOW and had 4-5" solid black ice and were killing on the cutts. only one dink rainbow ( probably 6-7") and no tigers. Anybody know where the tigers go after ice up? I kept telling my buddy that was all I ever caught there and next thing you know I couldn't get away from the cutts (not complaining).
[signature]