Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyone been to echo lately
Has Anyone Been Too Echo I'm Thinking Of Going There Tomorrow But concerned about ice conditions Cause Of The Rockport Reports.
[signature]
I was up at Echo last Saturday. It had a good +5" of ice about 200 yards straight off the boat ramp. The edges were a little soft and with the wet weather we have had this week, you may have to look for a safe place to get on the ice.
I fished in 23 feet of water and caught an 11" perch and a 17" trout. The fish seemed to be sluggish, moving slowly under the ice. Perch were mobile. I never found a good school of them.
[signature]
Ice was 6" close too shore the ice was soft and got dipped in 1 ft of water. Fishing SUCKED. Won't be going till later this season or many just not really worth it with the lower water level. Especially when that place got pounded in the summer and fall time taking some big bows and many perches. Had amazing days in the summer/ fall time last year. Caught 6-8 bows, 20-40 perch, and 20-40 bass in like 6 hrs of fishing. Fast and furious it was last year.
[signature]