Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fishing Report 12/19/13: Las Vegas Wash
So I talk a co-worker into some early morning fishing on the 19th. Got out on the lake at 6:30am and launched from boulder. Way choppy on the main portion of the lake. However once you got to vegas wash, it was nice and calm. Headed to the the back of Vegas wash and toss my cast net for the first time. First cast and I had shad in the boat. After getting about 30 gizzard shad we anchored off of Hole 33. We were there for about 4 hours and only landed two fish: one 5lbs catfish and one 3lbs Striper. Seems like the Striper had a case of the lockjaw. Saw tons of schools come through in about 40-50 feet of water. Good day of fishing, just wish we would have caught more.
[signature]
If the fish on the finder are not biting with in the first hour, move to another location. Theses fish are acting weird, maybe the moon has them a little off.

Last time I was out 12-14-13 the bite was great on Friday but off on Saturday. You might want to try the evening to night bite.

Also the fish that are in the mid range on the finder have lock jaw. The ones just off the bottom 2-3 feet are biting.

33 hole, government wash point & channel marker and west Sand Island are holding fish.
[signature]
I was out on sunday the 22nd and thought we were in a boil but after about 100 casts with no hits we finally figured out that it was a giant school of giant gizzard shad.
I mean they were blowing up like crazy. Ive never seen that before but the bite was real slow. we fished the spots mentioned and only boated 6 fish all day. I have never seen shad like whats holding in the shallows in back of the wash and no boils or even schools of striper. Has me stumped man and frusturated...
I cant wait for it to warm up and turn the lrg mouth back on...
[signature]
[quote StarsnStripers]I cant wait for it to warm up and turn the lrg mouth back on...[/quote]

DITO
[signature]