Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FL 12/22
The south side of Fish Lake is fish-able, the majority of the lake is still open. We went off the first turnoff and walked out about 100 ish yards and found 18' of water.

The trout were really active for the middle of the day. Caught them of spoons, and plastics tipped with crawlers. Nothing noteworthy: mostly 14-18" bows.

Perch are always active, they were biting on the same stuff as the trout.

Getting on and off the lake was no issue, the ice was 4-6" clear and hard.

A few more weeks and the main body should cap, until then you need a boat to find deeper water.
[signature]
You have me jumping up and down with joy! Man I hope I get down there on the Hard Deck this year. Thanks for posting up the info.
[signature]
[quote whipper-snapper]

A few more weeks and the main body should cap, until then you need a boat to find deeper water.

[/quote]

Thanks for the report and glad it is freezing. As far as your boat suggestion, boats are not allowed on Fish Lake if there is any ice on the lake.
[signature]
I know about the boat policy, but thanks for informing.

The lake has capped before but the wind busted up the ice.
[signature]
Thanks for the report. We always like to make the trip down to FL. The south end froze first last year. Was there any snow on the ice?
[signature]
There wasskiff here and there with some slush. Pack your cleats for the uncovered parts.
[signature]