Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Fly Box Design
Hey all,

I haven't posted for a while, but I came across something interesting and I just recently saw the post about the new fly rod design and thought you guys would be a good source of discussion about the validity of this design. I saw this on Kickstarter and it turns out that it is being started by some friends of mine that are locals.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1341...l?ref=live

I think it is pretty genius, but what do you think? I talked to some of the guys that are making it and they mentioned that if it the campaign is successful they will introduce other boxes in their line (among others, and the thing that peaked my interest most, was a dry fly box that used slits, but that doesn't smash hackles; I'd love to see it).

What do you guys think of this design. I think it is really slick and I'm not sure why this has never been done up to this point.
[signature]
SWEEET! I like the silicon idea.
[signature]
Seems like a good idea. As long as the price is right. It will probably get copied quick. Market is saturated by a lot of companies.
Does it float? Silicone is heavier then foam.
[signature]
I don't know all the details but I do now that they have patented the idea (silicone for the use of anchoring hooks in this way).

I know the box will be about $20 retail and it is a bit heavier than a foam box but its not an insane amount heavier because the sheet is thinner than the foam.

It will be interesting to see how far it goes.
[signature]