Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Dog 12/27-12/28
Just got home from another great gorge trip. Started off Friday morning before light looking for mac pups. The water is down fifteen feet. It is only 55' deep instead of 70'. Our group just didn't mark as many Macs as usual. Probably due to the shallower water.

My goal was to catch a limit of pups and a limit of rainbows even though I wasnt planning on keeping any the first day. I finished my eight mac at 11:30. The offering of the day was a pearl/chartreuse 2.5" fats freshwater basics tube on a 1/4 glow head. All pups around 20" for the trip.

The rainbows proved tougher fair. The main point where you park got pounded all weekend so I steered clear and tried all the way across the green river arm. All that produced was a couple of lookers. I finally found a few down towards the outhouse on the blacksfork arm in 9' of water. I caught 3 18" faties an 4 finless fredies.

Saturday produced the most beautiful sunrise I have ever seen ice fishing and 5 Macs before calling it quits at 10:30. Didn't fish for any slimy mutants.
[signature]
Good on ya, and thanks for the report.
[signature]
Hey thanks for the fishing report. Glad to hear you had some good fishing and its always fun catching fish through the ice. [cool]
[signature]
Nice report! Did you happen to see how far down the reservior the ice is?

[signature]
We fished as far as 500 yards south of the big cliff point at the confluence. From there the ice was as far as I could see, but the lake makes a slow bend. I couldn't see buckboard bay at all. Hope this helps.
[signature]
I was there over the weekend with my two boys. We knocked some burbot and pup lakers at Lost Dog and Firehole. On the way home we checked conditions at Buckboard. The main lake at Buckboard is still open water but Buckboard Bay is iced over. Ice is forming slowly in the backs of bays in the Buckboard area.
[signature]
Thanks alot guys, it sounds like its trying to make some ice. I would like to see it hit at least anvil before I make a plan to go ice fishing. Maybe a boat trip is in order??

[signature]