Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lake Powell shore fishing
I have to be in the Page, AZ area in a few weeks for 3 days. Are there any shore fishing areas nearby?
[signature]
I may or may not be any help to you but ill tell you what I know anyway. I've only been to Powell twice but did quite well shore fishing. We rented a houseboat though so we were out in the lake a ways. I'm not sure where you could walk up to and fish near page. But if you do get down to the shore line try to find a rock ledge that goes straight down into deep water. Some people who fish Powell a lot may have different advice but this is what we do and we have caught more fish than we know what to do with. We would drop a green 3 inch grub with a jig head straight down the rock ledge and if something didnt hit on the way down it almost always did on the way up. We catch a lot of walleye, smallmouth and largemouth that way. Ive heard from a few people that they fish from shore near the damn with anchovies and catch the hell out of the stripers too. I'm not sure how the fishing will be this time of year but good luck. Please let me know how you do.
[signature]
I have caught quite a few kitties, small stripers, and carp over on the lone rock beach, but that was in summer.

Some of those drop offs though are pretty deep.
[signature]
I used to take my boat out on Lake Mead beach it and just walk around and catch all kinds of fish from shore. I've seen that technique you talk about used on boats for stripers catch many fish. They just drop it down and reel up as fast as they can and Bam!!!!
[signature]