Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man-Made Colorado River Flooding Planned
I found an interesting article today discussing a plan to flood the lower Colorado River to help restore wetlands in Mexico.

What is interesting, is that the water in this planned flood will come from Lake Mead.

34 Billion Gallons of it.

The article says it is planned for this spring, but there is an attached editors note that says,
"This story has been updated to correct the possible timing of the flood — it is not definitely schedule for this spring."

Either way, I bet we see a pretty drastic drop in Lake Mead Elevation this year. I'm not sure what a loss of 34 Billion Gallons of water will do to the elevation, but I'm sure we will notice it.

Here's the link-
[url "http://news.yahoo.com/man-made-flood-could-help-revive-colorado-river-172400337.html"][size 3]Man-Made Flood Could Help Revive Colorado River Wetlands[/size][/url]
[signature]
Well of course... we cant keep the water we got when powell did the same thing north of mead and they need to drain mead farther so our lovely water district assholes can finally finish the pipeline to suck central Nevada dry and have some new dunes to look at!!!
Its a crime what has been happening to our lake and recreational areas the last 15 years!!!
[signature]
With the entire southwest having declining water reserves in the last 10 years why is it some how important to see if desert weeds grow when you ad water ? . . . the answer is yes ! The next study will be how humans oddly enough do not survive without water but at least it is reassuring to know that valuable h20 was wasted in a few scientist to look at a lil more green stuff on google maps .
[signature]