Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockport, Jordanelle, Utah lake, and Tibble fork
Here are the most recent fishing trips in the past week. 12/22/13 Altizer and I decided why not meet each other and head out to Rockport. Got there really early in the morning. The wind chill was pretty brutal. Got to a few summer spots that I usually fish from show and right off the bate we were getting hits right and left. Many hit's and miss as well I could of had a 20+" on my line because I was fighting it for quite some time. We saw it's head and it was one big guy but spit the hook out. I end up with 7 Bows and altizer caught 10-12 but most of his fish were dinkers. Fish range 11"-15" that day.

This was one slippery fish. Couldn't get a grip on it [laugh]
[inline "Rock port and secret pond 12 29 013 003.JPG"]
After a few minutes of struggling he manage for the first picture of the day.
[inline "Rock port and secret pond 12 29 013 004.JPG"]
Dang that guy froze up pretty fast into a nice sculpture.
[inline "Rock port and secret pond 12 29 013 005.JPG"]
[inline "Rock port and secret pond 12 29 013 006.JPG"]
[inline "Rock port and secret pond 12 29 013 010.JPG"]
What a pretty water pocket [unimpressed].
[inline "Rock port and secret pond 12 29 013 011.JPG"]

Left RP around 2pm because he had too be home before someone kicked his butt [laugh]. I still decided why not and go to my blue gill condo. After a few bg I manage too knock off a new species from that pond. One nice first 9" black crappie. End up catching 12bg and one crappie before they went too sleep.
[inline "Rock port and secret pond 12 29 013 017.JPG"]
[inline "Rock port and secret pond 12 29 013 018.JPG"]
[inline "Rock port and secret pond 12 29 013 020.JPG"]

On New Year Eve went too utah lake from 8am-11am before heading too work. Caught 15 BG 7-8" and one 7" crappie. Showing off the kids who got dropped off by there mom how I go catching not fishing.
[inline "Af harbor ut lake and new year2013-2014 002.JPG"]
[inline "Af harbor ut lake and new year2013-2014 004.JPG"]
[inline "Af harbor ut lake and new year2013-2014 007.JPG"]

New Year went back too Utah lake only 2 BG and nothing else. Fishing was extremely slow that day. Decided by 11am to head up to Tibble fork for the first icing trip. Ice was 5-6" thick. Surprised that the deepest spot I found this year was only 21' when last year it was at least 27-30 or so '. Fished till 6pm and caught 20+ dinky bows. They range from 9-12". Couldn't find the decent size in there.
[inline "utah lake rock port tibble fork new year 1 03 14 005.JPG"]
[inline "utah lake rock port tibble fork new year 1 03 14 006.JPG"]
[inline "utah lake rock port tibble fork new year 1 03 14 011.JPG"]
People like this need too learn how too fish somewhere else or at least ask if it's okay too fish sorda close by not 20ft camping from me [mad]. The best part about him camping next too me while I'm catching them or getting tons of hit's while he only caught one fish.
[inline "utah lake rock port tibble fork new year 1 03 14 017.JPG"]
01/03/14
Part one. Went too jordanelle payed the $7 that too ice fish for 2 hrs. Drilled a few hole and check too see if there any fish before paying. Saw quite a bit so I decided too pay the fee then go back. Well that was a big mistake got back and no bites at all in the 2 hrs I sat there for. ice is 4-5" at the main boat ramp as well tons of open water still. After 11am decided too hit Rockport one again this year and pay another FEE!!! Got up there and grabbed my all of my ice gear even the big propane tank for small night fishing. Talked too a few guy's they said it was slow. Went to my spot first hole off the bat caught a 16" bow off a rainbow color cast master. Everything slow down so many holes have been tested out but nothing. Hit one deep pole that I tried on the 22nd and look theres more fish. Most of the fish prefered ratfinkies or TD jigs tipped with waxies or worm. Caught 10-15 bows range 11-17". Had a monster on that could of pulled off another 20" mark but no spit my jig out again. Was the last one off the ice at 7 pm. Many bites started right at sun set - 7pm. As well I call those bows sniffers not bitters. Be careful on the edges. They started too open up.
[inline "utah lake rock port tibble fork new year 1 03 14 032.JPG"]
This is how I spend my day relaxing away from the house.
[inline "utah lake rock port tibble fork new year 1 03 14 042.JPG"]
[inline "utah lake rock port tibble fork new year 1 03 14 039.JPG"]
[inline "utah lake rock port tibble fork new year 1 03 14 047.JPG"]
Looks like the bigger bows are eating some perchlets.
[inline "utah lake rock port tibble fork new year 1 03 14 052.JPG"]
[inline "utah lake rock port tibble fork new year 1 03 14 054.JPG"]
[signature]
Great report and photos. Thanks for sharing.
[signature]
No problem. At least some appreciate this long multi report. [Smile]
[signature]
Great report and no, I don't mind lengthy reports!
[signature]
I had to call in sick so I could go to Lake Powell!
I don't ice fish so I guess I don't know, is 20 ft. Too close to someone? Not like you're casting. Did you go say something to them?
[signature]
Sounds good[laugh]
[signature]