Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
" FISH LAKE ICE FISHIN' PARTY"
First things first there is no ice on fish lake that is fishable yet. I'll post later when the ice is safe. This post is to inform you what I and my wife will do for the fish lake party. Just because we love B.F.T.!!! February 21st at Twin Creeks day use area at 12 noon me and my wife and family will serve homemade CHILI and BREADSTICKS and HOT CHOCOLATE to B.F.T. members as long as it lasts. We will also be having a drawing for donated gifts from local merchants and B.F.T. You can enter for this drawing if you are a registered B.F.T. member or a family member of one. You will use your board name on the ticket and you can only enter that day from 12:00p.m.-2:00p.m. and then we will draw at 2:00 p.m. sharp and you must be present to win. I will be fishing out of Lakeside Marina. Which is the first Marina you come to. You will see me out north east of the marina on the moss line. Anyone is welcome to join with me and my family and friends and fish with us. I could also help you with some tips on other places to fish, deep or shallow, also some techniques on how to catch fish. I don't claim to be the best fisherman at fish lake I just fish it on an average of 100-125 days a year. My love is teaching kids how to catch fish so bring em' all lets make this a family day. If anybody else would like to join in on cooking or fishing or sharing their talents contact me. Also anybody that would like to make donations for the drawing could also contact me it is a great way to get your product out there. Don't forget your walkie-talkies we will be on channel seven. Also if there is anybody that are scout leaders or in the scouting program I would love to help them, on another date anytime of the year; with your scouts. Here's a few things that I thought would be helpful. There is a place in Sigurd called Dave's Country Trading Post. It has minnows, night crawlers, mill worms, soda's and snacks. He also cooks a mean $5 breakfest. He open's at 5:30. To save time you can call him 15 miles out and order your breakfest that way it's hot and ready when you get there depending on how busy he is. The number is 435-896-9470. If needed here is the Best Western number in Salina 435-529-7600. Salina is approx.50 min from fish lake. Fish lake is approx. 145 miles from Provo.The biggest Fish (mackinaw) to come out of Fish Lake was taken on a pop gear and chub minnow by a friend of mine. It weighed 40 pounds 8 ounces certified. The biggest Splake is 15 pounds and 9 ounces. Taken on a chub minnow off the shore by a good friend of mine. Hope this little bit of info might spark your desire to come fish with us. We will also have some fish recipes to share like always and her good chili recipe too. I don't have a home computer and I don't get alot of time at work to post so if you have any questions give me a call at 435-529-2157. I look forward to meeting more of you B.F.T. members. I'll post a reminder at a later date. FISH ON!!!
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Sounds like a great time. I'm going to put that on my calendar and see what I can do to make it! Thanks for the party, I'm sure others will like to join in on the festivities. Keep us posted.[/size][/font]
[signature]
I’ll keep that weekend open to come down and fish, sounds like it will be a great time. It will probably be one of my last ice fishing trips before I have to go back to full-time work. I will be going to St.George in January I hope to fish Fish Lake on the way backup.
[signature]
hey now that sounds like a party that i would love to go to!!! thats my all time favorite lake to fish!! we did very good there last year.. and i'm chomping at the bit for the ice to be safe there this year or i should say season.. if i go tho i'm going to take my R.V down and spend 3 or 4 day's but i will time it so i hit the party somewhere in that time span...

from the fuzzyfisher------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
I will try to make this one . Never been to Fish Lake , so I need to give it a try .
[signature]
Pikeman - I'm going there Feb.10-13 but doubt if I can go 2 weekends in a row! Maybe you can come up and visit us then. We'll be at Mackinaw cabin then. Look us up if you can.
[signature]
That sounds like fun I might come down. I have never fished that lake what size of line do you use? Thanks

Fishkid
[signature]
Hey Pikeman. I was wondering when you'ld get around to making this post. I'm not sure if you've asked any of the BFT sponsors or BFT itself for donations or help with the party. I'm sure a couple of the moderators will be there. Southernman hasn't given me the okay yet but he'll be there, he just doesn't know it yet.[Wink]

Predator- Make a note on your weekly ice parties, that is if your still going to do that.

Here's a quick run down of the fish in Fish Lake.

Splake, Macks, Yellow Perch, Bows, Browns, Brooks, Cuts, Muskie and of course Utah chubs, carp, plus a couple others not worth remembering at this time.
[signature]
Feb 21st just got filled in on my calander. FISH LAKE! I will do everything I can to make sure that me and my better half will be there. I'll probably grab a cabin at the lake.

Maybe with some help I can beat the 17.5lb. 34" that is my best fish down there. See attachment.

Hope to see you there.
[signature]
Whoa, what a beauty!! Nice fish, too.[blush] Check at [url "http://www.fishlake.com"]www.fishlake.com[/url] for cabin layouts, prices, and phone #.
[signature]
I will be there Pikeman!!!! Ilove Fish Lake.
[signature]
Count me in and if there is anything I can help with let me know ok.
[signature]
Hey BLM, do you remember the name of that place we stayed at last year?

That was a great place. It would be cool to have a bunch of BFT'ers make the trip down for the weekend, stay at that hotel, and meet up in the evenings for dinner and B.S.

It was a great place, cheap. Like $27.00 a night if I remember. Plus the food at the little resturant was good.

And for those of you who havent ice fished fish lake, I will say it seems to be a place where you can catch rainbows, and splake all day long.

Its a fun trip.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We were in Bicknell but I don't remember the name of the place. I'll have to look into it. That was a great place to stay and eat.[/size][/font]
[signature]
What do you fish with down there. And how long does it take to get there from Salt Lake. Thanks.
Fishkid
[signature]
There aren't many choices in Bicknell. Was it the Aquarius? It has motel and cafe.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]That sounds about right! RipNLips and I had a room with two queen size beds and a kitchenette with a supplied coffee maker for like $45 a night! What a deal![/size][/font]
[signature]
[Wink] I WILL BE THERE FOR THE PARTY. MY FATHER AND I FISHED IT IN JAN- WE HAD A GREAT TIME. CAUGHT LOTS OF FISH. WE SAW ONE LARGE MACK COME THREW THE ICE. SEE U THERE. FISHON................
[signature]
ill try to make this one since i havent made it to a large bft outing with alot of people yet. against my own will to ice fish ill make the trek to meet everyone and take my girlfriend out for her first experience. she wants to catch alot of fish doesnt matter what kind so could be good cuz if the fishing is slow we can always catch perch for her there haha. thanks for the info.
[signature]
Looking forward to the opportunity to meet some of the members as I am new to BFT. Will try to be there early.
[signature]