Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Echo Bay boat Launch
Has anyone launched at Echo Bay recently. I am looking to go up there next Friday. I looked on line to see if it is still available but could not find any information. My boat has been parked since September. I pulled it out today and started getting her in order.
Thanks Cacoon
[signature]
I havnt been since october but water levels havnt dropped since then so you should be fine. Good luck out there.
[signature]
The launch ramp is perfect up there. Plenty of water and have to love the close parking to the ramp.
[signature]
Thanks guys, My plans have already been changed, Wife and I have a previous engagement next week. However now that my paid off boat is up and running well, I will have it out in no time at all.
Thanks Cacoon
[signature]
I ended up getting up to Echo Bay yesterday. I must say the boat launch is really nice. I like it being where it is because you can jump right on the open water. We hit the water at about 0700 and went south out of the bay. We ended up spending the day boating since we did not catch anything. It was a beautiful day, water was like glass. They do have a little store and gas station open just before the old hotel. I saw 2 other boats the whole day.
Cacoon
[signature]
shhhhh... don't tell everyone the secret for the nicest place on the lake...lol
[signature]
Haha, my first trip to Echo with a friend we launched his boat from right near the fish cleaning station by the old motel. I remember asking him why do you go all the way out here. He responded no one is ever here and the fishing is great, that was probably middle 90's
. Since then it has been my favorite spot.
Cacoon
[signature]
Has anyone noticed if they have been collecting fees at the Overton entrance station lately. Seems last year it was sort of hit or miss.
[signature]
Haven't been t hru the overton entrance but the one thru northtown on lake mead blvd is rarely open during the week. I was out at echo on wed and with the water up to 1109 the parking by the point ramp is gettin smaller only 2 more feet of water and its gone... the park service actually put a dock back at the ramp in the harbor. I mean the chances of gaining 2 more feet of water is probly unlikely but we can hope.
[signature]