Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
buying minnows
Anybody know where to buy minnows in vegas area?
[signature]
Sandy Cove bait and tackle on Lake Mead BLVD just east of Nellis
[signature]
should've included in my post anywhere besides sandy cove... 7.50 a dozen is nuts!!!
Thanks though...
[signature]
You can get rosy red minnows and small goldfish for like 15 cents a piece at petco or petsmart. Also, there are mosquitofish in the washes running throughout the henderson and vegas area. A proper minnow trap will give you all you need for a day of fishing.

Now, as for legalities, I know goldfish are allowed. The other two, I'm not so sure about. Not sure if it is legal to capture the mosquitofish either. If you have a boat and a cast net, shad are plentiful in the Vegas Wash arm of the lake.
[signature]
Ya I catch the shad all the time in the wash but im thinkin of taking some live bait down to Mojave and trying my luck. Its a lot of driving my lil boat all the way to the wash then back to the ramp then down to Mojave. I know there are some shad down there but not sure they are in the numbers or catchable down there. Anybody know bout the shad situation at Mojave?
[signature]
Don't know about Mojave but you will get a ticket if you are transporting live Shad away from the lake.
[signature]
Wow man thanks for the heads up bout trafficking baitfish... hahaha need to find an alternative.
[signature]