Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1/10/14 Las Vegas Wash
After reading some post about netting shad and catching fish I dug out my shad net and headed out to try my luck. Launched out of Boulder harbor at sunrise and headed to the wash. Took me a while to locate the shad but eventually got a couple dozen and started fishing. Caught a decent catfish right off the bat showing that all the fish in this lake seem to like shad...except maybe carp. Anyway fishing was a little slow but an absolutely gorgeous day. Managed to put 5 fish in the boat and all were very healthy and all had shad inside of them. First time I have netted and fished with shad in over 10 years but it was a lot of fun. Think I am going back next week and hopefully catch a few more
[signature]
Good job! A day on the water is better than anything else that I can think of.
[signature]
Nice but you need to keep them on ice soon as you catch them. The one on the bottom of the picture you posted looks bad.
[signature]
They were on ice all day...maybe the angle. Here is another pic. They have already been eaten for dinner via "fish tacos" and they were awesome. Thanks again wolfs4ever as your post was dead on about the shad. Most were really small but a couple were "correct" size
[signature]
You are correct, not bad fish, just bad camera angle.
[signature]