Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview Ice Fishing Report
SKUNKED at Pineview. I hope this is not a harbinger of things to come. Dan and I got to the lake at sunrise, fished the south arm until 11:00. Cut about 50 holes west of the beach, off the big point. Found fish in 19' of water. The fish were there, we just couldn't catch any. Not even a bite. Moved to the north arm and fished off the boat docks, more of the same, fish on the box, no fish on the line. If pixels were Perch, we'd have limited by 8.

Ice thickness varys greatly. The ice near the shore in the south arm is weak and unstable, about 3' out it gets o.k., about 2" thick and nice and clear. 50' out from shore it's 3". Out in the middle of the arm it's a good 4" and solid. If you go, watch the ice carefully, there are some pressure ridges near the bays that get a little scary.

The north arm is about the same as the south arm. There is still a lot of open water and I didn't get to close to it. As I got closer the ice really thinned out. I was about 200' from the open water and the ice was only 1 1/2" thick.

Here are some pictures from this morning. Wish at least one of them had a fish in it.
[signature]
Thanks for the ice report .

I still have faith in the IFG.
[signature]
Man IFG, you keep this up and you'll easily win the informal fishing contest[Smile]

Was the entire lake frozen?
[signature]
Took a ride up to Pineview today to check out your story on the ice . I seen holes by the boat docks at Port Marina , tried walking on the ice and busted thru getting my legs wet ( I'm just not a god yet ) . I didn't bring a plank , so I fished the open water up by the dam for a while . Nothing . Broke off twice on snags , found some lures washed up on shore and seen more dead 1" perch on the shore . One had a gash on its head . Headed around the lake when it started to snow and blow . Drove over to Huntsville and seen some open water on the north side of Bluffs swim beach .Seen where someone punched holes on the south side . Did you do both rows of holes out there ? Nice work if you did . LOL I headed out in a blizzard to try my luck in the open water . I've been wanting to fish it in a storm to see if I could get me a muskie then . It was kinda tuff casting into the wind . If you got it too high it would come right back at ya LOL . I was about frozen solid on my fingers and something slammed my pointer 78 and just about ripped the rod out of my frozen hands . By the time I tried to set the hook it was gone .I think it just gave me a head slam to my lure .Maybe if I would of let it set it would of struck again . Just my luck . Made about 20 more cast to the same area , and nothing . Tired of fighting the snow and wind , I think I had 1" of snow on my back side . Headed for home at 5:00pm , and what a fun ride in the snow . Nice to be warm and comfy at home with a cold one in hand . All I want is one more muskie for christmas . LOL
[signature]
hey are the narrows still open?
[signature]