Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walleyes
Its was 26 long didn't do the Girth
[signature]
The one in the first picture is bigger it was 31 inches and over 14 pounds and I fish for every thing and big bow hunter
[signature]
A 14lb eye is trophy anywhere in the country. My biggest is 14.5 from the Fox River in Green Bay WI.
[signature]
Yea, I knew you fished the trout but I had never seen the eye pics before. I saw the tape on the big eye but the girth on that ice eye was monstrous. Did you happen to checl what was in it's stomach?
[signature]
the difference in the size on the one was the stage of the spawn they were in the ones eggs are still in the sack the other one when It was coughtt it was full of eggs and they all oozed or it would have been even better if you would of seen itwhen it was caught the only other things besides the
Gulp minnow in its stomach was other minnows
[signature]
It's been a long time since I've lived in Utah, and I remember when the bucket bios did the first placement in DC. Now, I rarely hear mention of the toothy critters in Deer Creek. Have their numbers never taken off? I know there has been some monsters in their, but I am guessing the walleye masters are pretty tight lipped about that place. Seems like their would be plenty of forage and great spawning conditions. Speaking of DC, I can't even remember a single post this year of anybody catching whites there either.
[signature]
That ice one is nice shaped!! Yeah I remember your spring run pics……impressive…..it was a good run last year.
[signature]
How do you fish the gulp minnows? Dead stick or work them? Do you use them through the ice? I haven't ever fished for eyes through the ice and I'm still sort of accidental on my summer eyes but I'm trying to learn new things so if you don't mind sharing a few tips I would appreciate it. PM is fine. Oh, and I don't fish Utah Lake so I won't be trying to compete for fish in your pond plus I let 90+% go. Thanks J
[signature]
Deer Creek does have some nice ones in it. I actually caught this one on a fly rod of all things while chasing smallmouth.
[inline "walleye 3.jpg"]

Cutler Reservoir and The Bear River up north by the Idaho border have walleye as well. Upstream into Idaho, you also have Oneida Reservoir which has walleye. Most are small, but I was surprised by this 30" that hit my jerkbait while smallmouth fishing again.
[inline "walleye 3 small.jpg"]

It's a bit skinny, but still an exciting fish for me. I guess the key for me catching nice eyes is to fish for smallmouth [laugh]
[signature]
I would bet the next state record is in DC or UL right now as I type.

The spear fisherman have really taken a toll on the eyes at DC, fortunately UL is murky enough that the spearos can't see the fish.

I don't mind the spearos being in DC, I just wished they would only take the little eaters and leave momma to spawn.
[signature]
[quote Duckbutter] Speaking of DC, I can't even remember a single post this year of anybody catching whites there either.[/quote]

Lets hope they got them all when they did.
[signature]
iceing eyes are tough but it can be done.
heres one i got at DC 2 seasons back.
22 inches
[signature]