Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just got home
Just stopped in to say hi.

Steve
[signature]

Hey there Taipan,

Welcome back. TubeN2 said you showed up here!

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool][size 2]Welcome back Steve. Did you have your surgery? Hope you are well. We have missed ya.[/size]
[signature]
I am all better now.

I wish they had internet at the hospital so I could get email, I was lucky in that the room I was in had videos, I have seen every movie you could think of twice, LOL

While in there I got all my teeth pulled and I am confident that this time they got all the Cancer this time.

My family and church was a big help. Everyone chipped in and brought me a ton of fly tying stuff as a early Christmas present.

My dauughters was emailing all Veterans friends from [url "http://www.135ahc.com/"][#000000]www.135ahc.com[/#000000][/url] who are made up of mostly hunters they chiped in and sent my wife a lot of different bits of fur and feathers from there hobbies this year. So I am set for life, I got Turkey feathers, pheasant tails, Squirrel tails you name it I got it.

And with the help of ebay I have been able to fill in the blanks.

I still have your Reel, the wife was saying something about a game she wants to go to that is coming up in January. I'll see you then.

Your friend [font "Arial"][size 2]Steve[/size][/font] [font "Arial"][size 2][/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool][size 2]And that cork handle is still waiting here to fix your rod.[/size]

[size 2]Look forward to seeing you and hope you finish mending soon.[/size]
[signature]

Hi there George,

You don't know me either! But by the grace of God, we all serve a higher purpose no matter how important or seemingly trivial and insignafigant we may think it to be ourselves.

JapanRon
[signature]
[cool][size 2]Hey, George, howya doin'? Thanks for sharing your sentiments. I'm sure Taipan appreciates our prayers and best wishes.[/size]

[size 2]We still gotta "hook up" and do some fishing. My schedule has been disastrous and of course the temperatures are not ideal right now. But, we will definitely have to get together and do something...even if it's wrong.[/size]

[size 2]Have you been out at all?[/size]
[signature]
Glad to have you back with us. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Fly-tying can be a great way to relax and dream about fishing. I find that whenever I tie, I've caught at least 10 fish with the fly before it is even out of the vise. I am a bit of a dreamer I guess. Here's a link to one of my favorite fly-tying sites:

[url "http://www.flyanglersonline.com/"]http://www.flyanglersonline.com/[/url]

Again, speedy recovery to you!

ES
[signature]
Thanks [size 2]George[/size]

[size 2]I am very thankfull for your prayers.[/size]

[size 2]They do help.[/size]

[size 2]Steve[/size]
[signature]
George I am doing great.

This is my fith Cancer.

just goes to show ya you can't keep a good man down.

Steve
[signature]
[cool][size 2]I really envy you your trips for the flatties. They are a lot of fun and excellent eating. And, I am sure you sustained less heat damage back there than if you fished the local waters. I pretty much hung it up when I could smell soup cooking when I stepped into the hot water near shore.[/size]

[size 2]That "flounder twitch" should serve you well for the fish in Saguaro. I use little Roadrunner spinner jigs a lot, and one of the deadliest techniques is the "shivver lift"...slowly raising the jig while quivering it. Heck, you will already have it perfected before I get a chance to show you.[/size]

[size 2]We will have to get you set up with a supply of those jigs before you go back east next time. I used them down in Louisiana for redfish, sea trout and flounder down there. Got lots of fish and lots of big fish...sometimes when my local guide/friend was blanking. Doncha love it when that happens?[/size]

[size 2]Here's a pic with all three species in it.[/size]
[signature]