Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Heading to Yuba on Jan. 31st
Hi Everyone!

This is my first post.

First of all, I would like to thank Pikeman99 for the fishing tips up at Deer Creek on Sat 1/18. He is an awesome dude! If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be in this forum.

I caught my first fish ice fishing finally. It took 3 attempts, but now I have some experience under my belt.

If anyone has any tips for pike fishing or ice fishing in general at Yuba, let me know.

Thanks!

[fishin]
[signature]
Welcome to BFT! I was using glow tube jigs on a 1/4 oz head tipped with red side shiner. You can also use carp and sucker meat. I usually dropped the jig to the bottom and gave it one or two cranks up. A little jigging movement helped to make the fish want to hit it. Try 15-26 feet of water.
[signature]
Cool! Thanks for the info albinotrout. I will search around for some shiners and suckers. I am pretty new to this and it is a different world of fishing to me.

Flounder70 [fishin]
[signature]
Sportsmans warehouse carries them
[signature]
[quote albinotrout] Try 15-26 feet of water.[/quote]

Really?

Albino, I am a little surprised by you putting in this part! Didn't I send this to you in a PRIVATE message? Yes, I did actually! You could have said 15 to 25 feet of water and I would not have cared so much. It just shows you copied what I told you in a private message and posted it right on the open forum!

This action combined with your post of hotspotting where I caught my big pike last week has made it so you will never get anymore info from me ever again!
[signature]
Pm sent , don't flame until you know the truth![mad]

Oh be the way with your flaming post you just gave out more info than you wanted to. If you notice I didn't give directions or locations.
[signature]
No worries Albino,

I will tell you any info that I find out. You can do whatever you want with it. Smile

[fishin]
[signature]
Thanks, I hope your trip is a success.
[signature]
Anybody out there using anchovies?
[signature]
I haven't heard.
[signature]
So how did you do?
[signature]
Hey, Hey, Hey! I couldn't go on the 31st. Going this weekend to either Yuba or Deer Creek. I will post info for sure.
[signature]
Ok looking forward to your report.
[signature]