Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just a thought....
I want to plant this thought in your heads, at the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist.

With all of the pollution, and radiation from Fukushima, the fish you buy at the store is hardly safe to eat anymore. Regularly eating beef, pork and chicken that is industrially raised for slaughter is almost a sure-fire ticket to the doctors office.

I just want you guys to really think about what you are eating, and where it comes from.

And I want you to realize that we have one of the best sources for organic, wild meat right at our local lake. Mercury levels in our fish are below national standards for concern, and Lake Mead is a very clean lake, contrary to some popular belief.

I urge you all, for your family's health and for the health of our lake, to go fishing, catch those over-abundant stripers, and keep every single fish you catch under 20". Abandon the urge to throw back small stripers. It does not help the fishery.

Eat organic! Stripers, that is....
[signature]
If you are having issues catching Stripers just ask, that is all we fish for in our club.

Note:
New Striper club season starts in March.

Whizzle, are you fishing the open this year?

Attached is the catch and kill the Whizzle has mentioned fro Wayne's Words site.
[signature]
Yes, I will fish the open this year. If all goes well, my work schedule should open up a bit, and I will join the club and fish as many tourneys as possible.

Thanks for the attachment.
[signature]
A good idea John. I am off canned tuna, that's for sure. Nobody wants to talk about how serious Fukashima is to our environment. IMO it should be on the top 5 list of world crises to address..
[signature]
Yea I personally think Stripers from Mead, Mohave and Powell are excellent table fair. I especially like them for grilled or fried fish tacos
[signature]