Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolf Lake Water Wolves - Video
Wolf Lake Fishing for Water Wolves. We had a super heavy snow year, there was 4 feet of snow in the bush around the lake. If it weren't for the warm weather and 100 km winds a few days before I don't think we would have got on the lake. A trapper had made one rutted trail across the lake to his cabin. Couldn't get out to the spot I had fished before years ago. So we headed back to a point adjacent a shallow flat dropping into the North lake basin. Only managed one larger pike, not huge but fun to catch. Northern Pike were biting great and had flags going constantly, two three at a time. Great size range of fish in this lake. All fish caught on Windlass tip ups with quick strike rigs. Also was fishing with my 2 year old daughter who tried to catch some and got one with the help of mom.
[signature]
seems like the link is not working when embeded: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTrrJxm-JpM
[signature]
Looks like an awesome trip! I want to, in the next few years, fly to some northern waters and them on their home turf. I love the quick strike rig, always works well.
[signature]
Nice video. Gotta love it when the little ones get involved. Interesting way to catch pike too.
[signature]