Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A.F. Reservoir
Slept in and didn't hit the ice till about 10 this morning. Girlfriend had two perch on the ice before I even got a line wet. Fished until about two ending up with 20 perch kept and at least that many chubs left to feed the eagles. Smallest perch kept was 8.5 inches and biggest was 12.5. If you go bring you cleats because with the rain last week the ice is smooth and SLICK.
[signature]
Thanks for the report . I think I will try it Monday . How thick was the ice ? Were you at Sportsmans Park , or near the Dam ?
[signature]
Thanks for the report, Is the ice that thick? i was on my way to pocatello today and seen two huts right out in the middle looked like just north east of the ramp by the dam ?
[signature]
I was at sportsmans and ice was 14 inches, just be careful on edges. If you go to sportsmans you can access ice by using the dock. Talking to people ice is plenty thick by dam too but would imagine the edges or thin.
[signature]
Thanks , I am going to Sportsmans Park .
[signature]
If you don't mind me asking, how deep of water were you fishing? My last two years ice fishing at Sportsmans Park I caught most of my perch in 30 feet of water. Unfortunately I had to keep all of my perch because the air bladders would come up into their mouths. Thanks!
[signature]
I do not have a fish finder but was fairly deep. Guessing I would say 20 FOW, but just a guess. Good luck, love to hear how you do. I will probably hit it again next weekend.
[signature]
You may have left at the right time. I came back after wrestling and didn't do much. Did you use corkies on all your rods? I found the fish were not very aggressive. Could see them come up to take a peek at jigs that were moving and then dive back down. Most took a dead stick. You guys did great. Lots better than I did.
[signature]
Or we're those some kind of spring bobber/indicator?
[signature]
How did you do ?
[signature]
Avoided the chubs, but only real action came when a pod rolled though and 4 rods went at once. Tough fishing. Saw where you fished. 2 double lines of holes. Some guy was there when I arrived. I think there are fish there. Late ice 2-3 weeks might be great.
[signature]
Yes, I put those on the end of the spring bobber to make them more visible. Do you have a fish finder? Would you say it was about 20 fow?
[signature]
Yeah. About 22 feet right there. How do you attach those to your spring bobbers? That looks like a really good idea
[signature]
my brother and I are headed down there tomorrow we are thinking. will keep you posted.
[signature]
You can either straighten wire out and thread them on or cut a thin slit in the corky and put on wire. Either way you will want to glue them so they stay at end of spring bobber.
[signature]
Where were you from the boat ramp ? If you don't want to post on the open forum . You could send a pm thanks
[signature]
East of that first plywood shack. About 17-20 feet deep. That hermit that dwells in that hut usually does pretty good but really isn't very social.
[signature]
Where are the the fish biting a little help would be great
[signature]
Worked for a bit Friday then headed to sportsmans. Fished from about 11 to 4 or 4:30. Between my buddy and myself we kept 11 perch only one nice one the others marginal 8-9.5 inchers. LOTS of chubs! Probably should have moved around but was windy enough we set huts up and never moved.
[signature]
8 and 9 inch perch are monsters compared to the ones we catch in the Preston area .
[signature]