Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i wanna go to flaming gorge
Well after a successful trip to clark canyon I wanna try flaming gorge in Wyoming. for more than one reason. my boys live in rocksprings which is just a 20 min drive from there. I have tried it there once before but it was during the summer and had no luck. I hope that this time might be better. anybody got any tips or pointers or places to go. I wanna make this a memorable trip for my boys.
[signature]
Read the Utah Forum , they have some good information on FG.
[signature]
Send a PM to a friend of mine on the WY. site that goes by trfishin he lives over in that area and fishes the Gorge some he may be able to help with any questions you may have concerning ice fishing Flaming Gorge.
[signature]
Go to big bend,get out in 50ft of water,use yokomoto jig's or any bigger size jig,tip them with sucker meat then catch some lake trout.A flasher/fish finder help's also...Went out 2 weekend's ago to big bend,at that time the ice was see through,clear ice at 3" .It was virgin ice and we had our limit in an hour.
[signature]
how is the ice there now and the weather there now has it been warm or cold ice making ice melting???? 3" kinda scares me a little but I will come down anyways to spent time with my boys. but please let me know if you know any current fishing
[signature]
What are you fishing for ? you can fish for burbot at nite or lake trout during the day
[signature]
I would love to fish for both
[signature]
Ok the first thing to do is go to buckboard marina and get a map of the lake it has GPS locations of were to fish ice by then should be good to anvil by this weekend with the cold spell coming (if it happens you know how the weather can be) start by fishing rocky points of the channel right before dark with glow jigs tip with sucker meat (Yamamoto 4 in grubs glow) fish in 4ft to 20ft if you not catching any move to anther location fishing is good from dark to around 12 midnite I get tired around then if its slow with the map find the gps location find the humps of the channel around 70 ft to 100ft an jig with tube jigs always release lake trout over 28 ins for other ones to enjoy later its takes a long time for them to get that big and they aren't wirth eating then take a picture and get a replica made to injoy for a lifetime i'm going there this weekend for a ling derby pm me if you need more info hope this helps
[signature]
thank you for your help. I would love to fish the derby but like I said this trip is gonna be about the kids.
[signature]