Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
elk hunter fends off a cougar atack
i was reading in the december edition of outdoors now that a washington hunter was field dressing his elk and was struck from behind into the elk and his head driven into the ground. he struck at it with his hunting knife and heard a squeal he then tried to get up but the animal pushed him down again as it rad off. about half of his knife was covered with blood. the WDFW is investigating and concluded that it was a cougar that attacked the man. if they are able to track it down they will dispose of the animal. the hunter was shaken but otherwise he was fine.
[signature]
Spooky stuff, I know I've been out hunting and had the feeling I was not alone. Later I found cougar track nearby. But I knew something was wrong and was overly cautious and avoided an encounter.
[signature]
Maybe the cougar new the elk![crazy] I am surprised a cougar would do that, he must of been hungry[pirate]
[signature]
I know its kinda scarry to me also because the main animal that i target when i hunt is elk put at least when i go we go in a party and there is usually 2 ppl to one elk while cleaning it so i have someone to keep an eye out.
[signature]
[size 2]After that experience I would wear a bear suit when cleaning! Probably be less likely to attack![Wink][Tongue][laugh][/size]
[signature]
hey guys, we got what ya call mountain lion, same breed anyways aint, they, i figure. same colors and size as fer as i know. come down from canada, into vermont, out in shedsville years ago had black panther, too. don,t know of any bein seen since then when i was a kid ridin my pony, {black panther" i mean. but still believe theres the mountain lion around cause bout five years ago, i know of a mother and 2 cubs bein born in hartland. not only 10 miles from my house. i was watchin then at a friends house spring when she bored em, quite a distance away. but see em when she brought them out of the den,. they were beautiful. had to keep animals in, but i think pretty much she got my ducks. i was hot about it, but i,ts only nature. whetjer we like it or not. thought my pen was sturdy enough but she,s strong. and big. and gonna feed her young. i liked my ducks they were pets, but that,s life. huh? yeah, easy prey. lotta ml up in the nek. too. they were stalkin the ponies my gitlfriend had. so she got some donkeys and they laid off conin round. coyotes and ml and dogs don,t like donkeys. they also put them in with the sheep here and the cows and the beefers. she ==he must of been hungry, or she was protectin her territory and young. it sounds. maybe she was sayin her young were hungry too. another easay prey. she just probably wanted to scare him off so,s she could have the meat. elk winter??? what you figure?? one of these reasons anyways.
[signature]