Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ice Auger Question
I guess this is were this post is suppost to go. So here is my question. And a little FYI. I just paid eighty dollars to get my ice auger fix. It just wouldn't start. Until the Tenth or twelveth pull. Well in talking with the man who fixed it . It seems the ethonal(not sure of spelling) added to the gas. Causes moisture and gums up the float in the carb. So he suggested using 91 octain with a good stabilizer in the gas after the mixing of the oil. He said Briggs and Straton makes one that works really great. To reduce the moisture, That is created from the ethonal. So my question is do you leave the gas in the ice auger over the summer, or do you drain the gas out. I am not to sure. Which is better. What do you guys think
Thanks
[fishin]
[signature]
I have pumped out all that I can with a suction pump or even one of those basting bulbs that are used for cooking and then I run it until it dies from lack of fuel. Has worked for me for years.
[signature]
Use Sta-bil for ethanol (marine stabil) which cures the problem with the ethanol attracting moisture. For an ice auger gas tank you could add about a teaspoon full and that would be plenty! Then you can run it through your engine and leave the gas in it. Draining is also an option, but leaving the carb totally dry allows it to dry rot seals too. I swear by Sta-bil or the new marine Sta-bil which is specifically made for ethanol gas.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]Yeah, I hate this ethanol nonsense they are adding to gasoline. I have no idea how it is suppose to make us more energy-independent. There have been so many studies showing that even if we planted all of America's farmland with corn, there still wouldn't be enough ethanol to make any real difference. All that ethanol does is ruin engines and parts. [crazy]
[/size][/font]
[signature]