Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need New Powered 'Toon
Ok, here is the close up (click attachment below)
[signature]
Good news is, that is a newer boat! Those look like the Bravo 2. Like the Halkey, a push and twist. You still need that little piece of hose or a K-Pump to top it off.
[signature]
Here is the Bravo 2 Valve that is on the Predator.
[Image: Valve3_zps50283b2d.jpg]
It is a push in and turn clockwise to open, reverse to close.
Here is the 2" chunk of hose
[Image: Valve2_zpsf935ac75.jpg]
I do not have a pump like yours but it goes on whatever fitting will fit into the hose. If you need to tape it on the pump, so be it.

It is HARD to get it into the valve. Put in boiling water to soften it or put it in the freezer to shrink it, it is tuff, but it does fit. And quite snug.
[Image: Valve1_zpsa6e91f11.jpg]

It is HARD to pump in the closed position, but very doable. Fill as full as you can in open, then quickly close and top off. If you can leave to tube in the Valve and change out the pumps, this would help. Plus you should be able to stick your finger in the tube and twist the valve close. Would loose very little air this way.
[signature]
Thanks FG. I will give it a try. Been busy the last few days hope i'll get to try it out next week.
[signature]
FlyGoddess,

Regarding 303 Protectant for inflatable boats:

[quote flygoddess]Get some 303 Protectant, not Armoral. Walmart carries it. Clean the toon with it periodically during the year and remember to hose and soap down the toon after every trip, ...[/quote]

I bought a Dave Scadden Fishing Kayak with stand up capabilities for sight fishing. It's nice. I used it for 10 plus miles by road (more by Jordan River) for my second use. First use was Lost Creek Reservoir.

I got a rash which was maybe poison ivy, but more mild than if I actually touched the plant. My inflatable kayak went over a lot of aquatic plants in the river. Perhaps some was poison ivy or something similar. Not sure. I deflated it looking clean and rolled it somewhat and put it in my car on my fishing trip camping bedding and later lifted it with the bottom material against my face and the arms and chest of my shirt. I got the rash slowly over the next few days. I washed all of my camping bedding and supplies. Today I'm scrubbing my kayak with Dawn dish detergent and hosing it off and everything that went on the trip.

There are some other possibilities for the rash. Does the Jordan River have swimmers itch or algal bloom or maybe just traces of poison ivy from all the leaves that blow into the water (I got splashes from using the paddles and was sitting in some of the Jordan River water)?

But, the main reason I'm replying to your post is I have a gallon of 303 Protectant and figured it would be good to increase the life of my Dave Scadden Fishing Kayak by preserving toughness and flexibility of the material and blocking UV rays from the sun, so I searched and found your post. You used it way back in 2014 and earlier, so I'd like to know if you think 303 Protectant has done well for you on your Dave Scadden inflatables.
[signature]
The 303 Protectant is very good. I highly recommend it. I think I learned about it from Flygoddess. I clean my Renegade with 303 cleaner, then use the 303 Protectant. I've done this for about 5 years. It's been a great product.
[signature]
Thanks, jmach!

I just came in from applying 303 Protectant all over my Kayak and it's components with the intention that it gives it a longer life. Do you think it makes a big difference?

I'm new to it, but have been hearing very good things about it. I initially bought it for the door and other seals on my car which would be very expensive to replace. They're like new now, so an application of 303 Protectant might make them last long and save me a lot of money and trouble.

I've never used 303 cleaner. I wouldn't see dirt on the Kayak anyway because it's camouflage and the poison ivy toxin is invisible, so I used Dawn dish detergent for it's grease cutting ability which is needed to remove similarly hard to remove poison ivy. I rubbed it making a lot of suds and sprayed it off on the lawn with the hose. I suppose Dawn is harsh, but the 303 Protectant probably put back what it needs and more. I made sure to rinse it well.

I'm glad that's over. I still have some bags of clothes I wore to soak in detergent in buckets before I wash them, but I have plenty of clothes and only one kayak.
[signature]
Yes. I still swear by and use 303 on all my boats. Sorry about the itch. I know the discomfort it causes.
[signature]
Thanks, FlyGoddess!

Have you noticed other inflatables owned by others that have not been treated getting old faster perhaps even with being used less?

Do you have anything to compare to know the difference between treated and untreated?

I hear amazing stories, but haven't seen anything on it myself.

Ronald Smile
I don't, but my boats from 2001 look new.
[signature]
[#0000FF]I have been using the 303 for several years...since FG first recommended it. It really helps maintain the color and suppleness of the covers.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I also use it on the vinyl cover for my backyard spa and it has worked well there too.[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]I have seen plenty of other tubes and toons on the water that looked much older than they were because their owners had neglected their craft.
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]
[/#0000FF]
[#0000FF]But that stuff makes a lousy margarita.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
Thanks, TubeDude!

Good to know I made a good choice to also use it for my Dave Scadden fishing kayak. I bought it for my car seals because I heard it really makes them keep working and last. Back then I searched the internet and found someone using it on serpentine belts on a YouTube video with giving it a longer life that seemed amazing ...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_q...ctant+belt+

... and there is another set on using it on tires.

After seeing my door seals seem to be like new and with all of these videos on amazing claims, I figure it must be good.

Now with the credibility of FlyGoddess and TubeDude giving favorable reports, I'm glad I bought the gallon size and will put it on everything it can make last longer.
[signature]
I second flygoddess, I have a Scadden Skykomish Sunrise with a 4 HP Outboard and I love it. I want to buy the frameless assault it can handle a gas motor but can also fit into a airline specific bag and I can travel with it.
[signature]
I bought my hubby the Detonator XL last year, this year I decided I wanted one as well. I still love the fuzion, but with the frame it is a little heavy for long hikes.
The Detonator Lo Pro XL is an awesome boat. The hard drop stitch floor he uses on the SUPs and Fuzion is perfect. Then the smaller diameter toons and built in motor mount is great. Lots of room behind the seat. I also went with the hard molded seat. I can fish for hours on this boat, however the motor is placed a little reach. Could be a bit taxing trying to pull start a gas motor and not sure on the going forward thing. I have the 40 MAX electric motor and can get about 10 hours.
Oh and the boat folds down but not super small. Will fit in a 36" duffel though I think.
[signature]