Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need New Powered 'Toon
[quote pontoonman]I would like to see NFO compete in the backpacking area- 14# is just not competitive with the 8# Trinity, ODC Ultra, etc. They have the heart valve material to possibly make a sub 6# lightweight and compact unit. One thing is that a backpacking boat can be used in most places where the heavier boats are used, but the opposite is not true.

Wonder why they and everyone else went into the very highly competitive SUP area which I a thinking will be a passing fad.... SUPs are just not as comfortable, stable, versatile and don't have the pocket storage or bells and whistles possible with sit down types....

JMHO.

Pon. [/quote]

I talked to Dave about this. The first Predator was 8 lb 6' pontube (same as Escape) out of Heartvalve material. But, everyone wanted it bigger.
With the popularity of the Renegade he opted for the 8', 14 lb Predator and Assault Ultra Light.
The demand for that back pack tube is there,but people want the rowing. Plus the whole seat and storage area are inflated. For 6 lb more you are getting a pontoon, not a tube.
As for SUP, maybe watch some of his videos. He takes them down some sick rivers. It is a canoe, kayak, stand up board, plus you can sit sideways and kick. Gear storage is not a problem either. Plus he has a motor mount accessory for them.
Rolls up to a roll. Then with the Fuzion, you get the shape and oars of a pontoon with the standing platform of a SUP.
I personally don't see them as a phase.
[signature]

Messages In This Thread
Need New Powered 'Toon - by atvaholic - 02-07-2014, 01:06 AM
Re: [idahoron] Need New Powered 'Toon - by jmach - 02-08-2014, 05:03 AM
Re: [pontoonman] Need New Powered 'Toon - by flygoddess - 02-17-2014, 05:28 AM