Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick Echo Report - 2-8-14
Hit the water on Saturday.

Man was that rough.

Could barely scratch up one striper, a healthy fish that Sil240sxrw caught.

We fished all the way up to the top of Overton.

Water was cold 53~ throughout the day. Warmed a little in the late afternoon, but not much. Weather was beautiful, calm, and warmed to about 65. Didn't see any bait at all, and all the fish we graphed were scattered. No schools to speak of.

Had issues with the outboard and had to be towed in. Some super nice guy took the time to help us, and it took over two hours to tow us back to Echo in the dark.

Thanks to James and Eric for fishing all day. Sorry it was a tough trip.

Weather is warming up, the bass should get active here real soon.

[inline 1899121_733641746653835_1428169506_n.jpg]
[signature]
OUCH! Too bad about the big motor. Hope it's trivial fix.

Nice striper though.
[signature]
Were you using squid heads again or frozen bananas?
[signature]
It was the best worst day on the water I've had in a while. Haha. I had a great time and slept like a rock that night. It was good.
[signature]
Haha, it was actually Banana Chips, not frozen.

I guess we wont be bringing anymore bananas with us.
[signature]
We don't let any bananas of any form on the boat, including banana muffins. (or loose change)

[url "http://www.snopes.com/luck/superstition/bananas.asp"]http://www.snopes.com/luck/superstition/bananas.asp[/url]
[signature]
Ok Guys, I asked my wife if she wanted dinner and the movies or fishing for Valentines day. Well she chose fishing (she hunts too) so I will be headed out to Echo in the morning, I hope to be on the water just after sun up. I am going to head towards Stewart's point. My wife has been practicing throwing the net if we find shad, otherwise it will be anchovies. I am ready to start hammering the stripers, and post pictures.
Cacoon
[signature]
I am headed to Mesquite on Mon. If you find the stripers I will bring the boat. Good luck.
[signature]
Hit the water at sun up, it was cold the breeze was heavy. We hit the coves in search of shad and could not find anything. Finally worked our way north towards Stewart's Point. Fished deep fished shallow. It stayed chilly till about 11:00 found a cove fish were jumping all around us. We saw a bald Eagle sitting on top of the hill. Shared a bottle of Champagne with my wife and then headed in. No pictures, no fish but always a fun time out with my wife. By noon the weather was warm and water was glass.
Cacoon
[signature]