Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pyramid Lake Report 12/12 & 12/13
[cool]This past Friday and Saturday I had the priveledge of fishing Pyramid Lake, NV (30 miles north of Reno). My plane got into Reno at about 7:30 and my dad and I were off to the lake. Unfortunately his buddy wasn't able to take us out in his boat because he spent 5 hours in the hospital the day before and had some health issues which sucked because my dad's u-joint in his boat motor is broken, so we were stuck to fish from shore. [mad]

So, we headed over to a spot on the West side of the lake called "Blockhouse." and fished from there. On Friday, I only caught one Cutthroat at 19" but didn't get a pic of that one, and dad caught 2 just under that size. At Pyramid the size limits are 2 fish total between 15" to 19" are keepers, and anything over 24" also is a keeper, so dad had two fish to take home.

Saturday went a little better with dad and I catching about 5 fish each, but I caught the biggest. Ha Ha!!! He was 21 1/2" and weighed about 3 pounds. That's the picture attached below. One guy fishing right down the beach from us caught a nice 25 incher which weighed in at exactly 5 pounds even, but I didn't get a picture of that one.

All in all it was a fun time, and MUCH better than being at work. We caught the fish on spoons made by Blue Fox called "Tor-P-Do," but unfortunately they don't make them any longer. We would have caught way more fish than this if we were on the boat, but it was a good day anyway!!!
[signature]
nice Lahontan and great report! yeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

sm
[signature]
[Wink]Yeah, you've gotta get up there and give it a shot, Southernman-that lake is the bomb! Walker is great to for the Lahontan's but the alkalai level is getting bad, and the big lunkers are dieing off there. Let's pray for lots of snow in the Sierra's this year to help this fine fishery (Walker).
[signature]
Hey Great report Ya Giving me Chills just thinking about. I woul;d love to try it someday.
[signature]