Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Early Season Bass
So anyone having any luck on the bass yet this year? I've hit one 3lbr on a spinner bait in the snake, but having limited access due to my only boat being a float tube, it's been kind of tough so far. Anyone have any recommendations on fishing holes (No i'm not tyring to rob you of your secret spot) around Mtn Home AFB? I'm just trying to get a little fishing in before I leave for the summer. I had a lot of fun on Lowell last year but idk how it is in the early season, and can you even put a float tube in it right now?

Thanks for any and all info/tips! Tight lines everyone.
[signature]
At least you have open water! I fish in Idaho, but I'm still stuck waiting for the hockey rinks to disappear...
[signature]
Hopefully this week, with a couple more days with highs in the mid to upper 50s and then several days of rain, will put a dent in it. Yesterday was killing me being stuck in work all day.
[signature]
You can float tube on strike, just be very careful with the wind. You can pack into the narrows and just pick a spot. I f the bass is on it will be good anywhere. Thats the weird thing on strike seems its really good or off, never halfway decent.
[signature]
went to swan two weeks ago. One bit. Not sure where to go there this early.
[signature]
20 to 30 ft of water out in front of the rec cove, perch every cast and the bass will scare ya.
[signature]
Thanks everyone, looks like I'm gonna have to pack up the float tube and face the cold water, time to leak check those waders before I find out the hard way.

Picked up some crank baits and gonna order a few more spinners and see what I can do, hopefully saturday night I'll have some pictures.

Thanks!
[signature]
i want a winter bass this year too i have been trying swan but no luck so far think im going to have to break down and by a lucky craft pointer that's what i was told i have been trying xraps and other jerkbaits but no luck so far also crawdad pattern cranks and hair jigs all fished slow this is allot harder than i thought i did catch 3 sturgeon and 4 cats on Saturday night 3 of the cats were skinny 16-18 inches the other one was 6lbs right around 24 inches long all on worms fished on sturgeon gear way out in the river it was great to get my first camping trip of the year in i have a 4 day weekend and i am thinking about spending all 4 days down there but i kinda want to hit cascade before all the ice is gone
[signature]
Took your guy's advice on the crankbait and even though I only caught one, it definitely was a nice one. Didn't have a scale with me, but I'm gonna assume 5lbs.

[Image: 1978795_10152285097978126_279257168_n.jpg]
[signature]
Wow nice fish .
[signature]
That's a beauty!
[signature]
Thanks definitely the biggest bass I've ever hauled in from the shore and one of the biggest I've ever caught. I need to take my scale with me from now on.
[signature]
That's an awesome bass. That's getting me even more anxious to go catch some bass, but the lakes are still iced up over here on the east side of the state. I can't wait for ice out!
[signature]
[quote dtayboyz]20 to 30 ft of water out in front of the rec cove, perch every cast and the bass will scare ya.[/quote]

Perch you talking swan? How big? Rec cove which one is that?
Matt
[signature]
i think he was talking about strike swan was slow this weekend for every thing but i did see Indian creek running water this weekend so lake Lowell bass fishing isn't to far off
[signature]
Float and fly will probably be your best bet for bass this early. Caught 9 smallmouth last week just letting a 1/16th ounce hair jig drift with the current under a bobber below Strike Dam. All were over 15", largest was 17".
[signature]
Yep same goes for a pond close to me...I thought with all the rain it would be open but its not!
[signature]
[Image: 0083.jpg] [Image: 0122.jpg] We have been getting some nice Largemouths from the shore too.. Some real fat aggressive fish for this time of year I thought. There was one I didn't catch but I landed and It was a true specimen of a bass.. We are trying to get the photo off an old phone that wasn't mine!
[signature]
Nice! Caught some nice fish right there when the waters up.
[signature]
Yeah the water seems to be rising.. I don't know if they have turned the New York Canal on yet and started filling it up but Im thinking they may be doing it sooner this year..
[signature]