Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jordan River Question
Anybody down there know if they have opened the gates yet? Or is the ice off of what little water is in the river? Got the urge bad but dont want to drive all the way down there for nothing.
[signature]
[#0000FF]Gates are still closed and very little water going down the river. But if you can find a deeper hole there are some anxious kitties available.

Not likely to see the gates open for at least a month.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
They'd better keep those gates SHUT!!! [Tongue] I wouldn't complain if they don't open it all summer LOL. That's the last thing needed is to waste all that water to run down the jordan river. LOL. UL is dry as shit still at my favorite walleye run area.
[signature]
I agree with this, albeit rather ignorantly I'm sure. I have no idea why they let so much water out each year, especially when the lake is so low, only to see it all dump into the Great Salt Lake.

The absolute best fishing I've had over the years is when the water is low like it is right now. Find a deep hole like TD said, and hold on to your butt. (fighting and/or otherwise) Big hook with a big slab of white bass = major bendo.
[signature]
Sounds like i might have to head down there, probably not this weekend but maybe next, ill post up if its any good.
[signature]
Yeah I'm just being mean lol. I kno those farmers need their irrigation water, but hey I have to irrigate my fruit trees and garden and I don't get any irrigation water, I have to pay city water prices. lol Those high water years were a joke, they over anticipated runoff would flood so they kept those gates open excessively.
[signature]
Hit it where they fly the model airplanes and down stream for the next 1/2 mile. The hot springs make it easy fishing when everything is froze up elsewhere. I've had great fishing for pretty much all species except trout and smallies in that stretch when it's low. After the water comes up its almost a waste of time in that stretch.
[signature]
Yeah, it is not just farms and such the water is needed from the Jordan River, they have to balance things out. The river is an important tributary and important to the Great Salt Lake Ecosystem and many birds/migratory birds depend on it, very important for the lake's wetlands.
[signature]
Never caught channels, but this is my go to spot to take kids in winter. Tons of tiny-to-decent crappie, wb, gills, and perch-sized walleye. Never any size to em, but easy fishing.
[signature]
The jordan river is so underated...
[signature]
I always killed it for all of the above that you've stated. Its easy most times! I always did fair for channel cats casting against the far bank into the deepest hole, you probably know where I'm talking about. It was beer fast for them though, mostly stunted panfish and little skinny walleyes.
[signature]
You can catch every fish in the jordan that's in Ut lake. But u have to respspect the homeless folk if u head to far downstream. A lot of good fish in the jordan
[signature]