Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, who's getting itchy?
I don't know about y'all but I'm getting a bit twitchy and itchy to get 'yakking again. Have already bought a new rod and reel for this year, and am about to start making wobble jigs with my new mould. Need a good supply of those at all times.

My Pro Angler 14 is still high and dry under my deck eaves in its Harken Hoist, but it won't be long before it comes down for its Spring tuneup. I'll replace the bungee on my anchor trolley, apply a new coat of UV protectant, and respool all the rods, as a minimum. Then there's the annual sort and toss of old softbaits and scented baits.

How about y'all?
[signature]
I am, I typically love ice fishing but I am ready to get out on the water. I traded my toon in for a kayak last year and only got on the water once before the ice locked everything up. Thinking about Starvation this coming Saturday.
[signature]
I got the itch bad enough to go to Willard Bay last Saturday. It wasn't too cold but the winds were brisk. Did not get too much attention by the north marina but it sure was nice to paddle around and mark a lot of structure.
[signature]
What do you SOT guys do to stay warm and dry this time of year? The few dozen times I've used one was always warm air and water. I haven't yakked in over 2 months and certainly been thinking about it in the last week.
[signature]
I have some neoprene waders that I will use this time of year. If it is really cold I have a set of down pants that I can wear under the waders. Usually I don't have any problems with just the waders. Even though I will always get a little wet in the kayak it is still better than my old pontoon where my legs were always in the water. I also have some water resistant jackets that I will use and some neoprene gloves if I really need them.
[signature]
I spent the last two days exploring Willard on my kayak. Hope I run into you guys out there one of these days.
It looks like we may need to have a Utah kayak get together sometime soon. With all the rain and warm weather there should be many more lakes opening up soon.
[signature]
Agreed, I will be heading somewhere with a buddy of mine Saturday. Don't know where yet but we will be kayaking it up. Maybe utah Lake or Deer Creek. I just don't know the ice conditions at dc.
[signature]
Not sure about Deer Creek but I went by Utah Lake yesterday and it is about 3/4's open. The remaining ice had blown to the north east end and it was rotten it would imagine it is mostly gone by the weekend. I am thinking about Yuba or Starvation. Heard yuba was open, hoping to get into some pike this sping.
[signature]
I'm down for Yuba. If it's open enough.
[signature]
I don't usually go out until the water warms up a bit. I just traded in my Durango for a Toyota Highlander, and until I get some roof racks installed, I can't take the Pro Angler anywhere. It'll likely be after the Solstice before I wet a line.

I'd sure be up for a 'yak flotilla, though.
[signature]
Well maybe we will meet another time. I am still in the works of the No Motor Tournament that I am putting together for mid may. Maybe there.
[signature]
Mid-May looks very good for me.
[signature]
Whats the status of the no-motor tourney? still in the works?
[signature]
Yeah, I closed on my house so I had to push it to July.
[signature]
July is good.
[signature]